We Are So Small...

Haven't you seen the TV commercials about how all life is elemental.... And that we should all be mindful of the human element......

"O Lord.... What is man, that Thou art mindful of him......?"

D

I take comfort in knowing that we are such a small physical part of the cosmos...but we are so capable of independent thought, actions, and so much else...what a wonder the existence of human beings really is...it just has to stir some spiritual thought along with the science...

........"We are stardust" "We are golden" ......"We are billion year old carbon"............................ :) Crosby Stills Nash. (much more on this topic Prof) might have to wait till Chicago.

"He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the Heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in....Lift your eyes and look to the Heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls then each by name. Because of His great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing." Isaiah 40:22-26

He gives us more to learn and be astonished by everyday!

BurntRubber said:
"He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the Heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in....Lift your eyes and look to the Heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls then each by name. Because of His great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing." Isaiah 40:22-26

He gives us more to learn and be astonished by everyday!

That Isaiah guy was a real cosmic tripper.... Of that there is no doubt....:congrats:

D

"Where do we come from? How did the universe begin? Why is the universe the way it is? How will it end?

"All my life, I have been fascinated by the big questions that face us, and have tried to find scientific answers to them. If, like me, you have looked at the stars, and tried to make sense of what you see, you too have started to wonder what makes the universe exist. The questions are clear, and deceptively simple. But the answers have always seemed well beyond our reach. Until now.

"The ideas which had grown over two thousand years of observation have had to be radically revised. In less than a hundred years, we have found a new way to think of ourselves. From sitting at the center of the universe, we now find ourselves orbiting an average-sized sun, which is just one of millions of stars in our own Milky Way galaxy. And our galaxy itself is just one of billions of galaxies, in a universe that is infinite and expanding. But this is far from the end of a long history of inquiry. Huge questions remain to be answered, before we can hope to have a complete picture of the universe we live in.

"I want you to share my excitement at the discoveries, past and present, which have revolutionized the way we think. From the Big Bang to black holes, from dark matter to a possible Big Crunch, our image of the universe today is full of strange sounding ideas, and remarkable truths. The story of how we arrived at this picture is the story of learning to understand what we see."

--STEPHEN HAWKING

Prof said:
My fear is that other beings are monitoring the Sickness and have decided to wait another century or two...

Um, if they've been monitoring the Sickness, it's more likely we have about 2.3 seconds to live... There is no way they are going to let someone like that populate the universe!:D :D

Stretch

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back