We made the top 10 list

drcraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rock: We are at the top of this list. :burnout:

http://autos.aol.com/article/general/v2/_a/smoking-is-dangerous/20060817122609990001

Smoking Is Dangerous
By JARED HOLSTEIN

See Top 10 Burnout Cars Here

Blessed be the acrid olfactory kiss of torched tires. Burnouts are as American as apple pie and obesity and were born from that all-American motorsport, drag racing. Burnouts allow racers to heat and clean specially constructed tires and lay two stripes of sticky, fresh rubber. Doing a burnout on street tires makes a lot of smoke, removes layers of expensive rubber, and accomplishes nothing of dynamic significance. But it does elicit a big grin from the driver and perhaps the police officer who will write the ticket for an “unsafe start.”

Burnouts occur when engine power, and often use of the brakes, overcomes the driven tires’ ability to maintain adhesion with the road, and the heat caused by the friction between the tires and road surface melts the rubber, causing smoke.

Here are 10 cars with which to express your disdain for traffic law (only where legal, please). You may notice a disproportionate percentage of American iron in the list. ’Merican muscle has a long and proud tradition of doing better burnouts than vehicles born elsewhere — such is our love of reasonably priced, rear-wheel-drive vehicles with large-displacement, torquey engines.

Why is there no Ferrari in this list? No Porsche? High-powered sports and supercars are generally not ideal burnout machines, as they wear huge, sticky tires that are more difficult to start spinning, and the weight of the engine is often perched over the driven tires. Expensive, high-power rear-wheel-drive cars, usually European, have all sorts of electronic stability- and traction-control systems that are next to impossible to defeat. In any case, burnouts offend their continental sensibilities.

The CARandDRIVER.com Top 10 Burnout Kings of 2007 are ranked in descending order of published horsepower. All performance metrics were gathered from vehicle research data published on CARandDRIVER.com.

Dodge Ram SRT10: If any vehicle is more conducive to burnouts, we don’t know about it. Dodge stuffed in the 500-hp, 8.3-liter Viper V-10 backed by a six-speed manual to create the fastest production truck in the world (147 mph). Hooliganism is guaranteed, as is creating a Superfund site every time you dump the clutch.

Sorry guys but they are talking about the RC's. The QC's are too slow.LOL:p :D

Blakewilder said:
Yeah I cant wait for the first SMOKESHOW in mine.

I thought you already did one. Wait, I guess the smoke from the engine doesn't count.:burnout:

Yeah, thats the BITCH OF IT! IF I BLEW UP MY OWN SHIT...it mighta been OK. BUT Its been blown up 2 times and I havent done either of them! AINT THAT SUM SHIT!

UNIBOY said:
Sorry guys but they are talking about the RC's. The QC's are too slow.LOL:p :D

Yeah, but we all know that QC's without wings top the bunch. (Have to hold up the tradition while Mike is in Brazil)

FlyingLow said:
I thought you already did one. Wait, I guess the smoke from the engine doesn't count.:burnout:

Doesn't count Smoke coming from the front of the truck instead of the rear... :D

Will

drcraig said:
Yeah, but we all know that QC's without wings top the bunch. (Have to hold up the tradition while Mike is in Brazil)

:D :D :D

Stinker said:
all RC's are gonna bleed once blake gets his done!LOLOLOL

I am trying to figure out whose truck is gonna get done first between you, Blake, Walt, and Jack.

LOLOLOL shoot none fo us! I think we will continually be inthe shop!!!

really makes all of us wish we had left them stock!:D

Stinker said:
LOLOLOL shoot none fo us! I think we will continually be inthe shop!!!

really makes all of us wish we had left them stock!:D

How long you think it will take Jack to start messing with his new truck.:D My predictions is less than a day after he gets back to San Diego. lol

Stinker said:
if I am not mistaken he allready has stuff ordered, I know he has allready talked to DC:D
:eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

drcraig said:
:rock: We are at the top of this list. :burnout: Dodge stuffed in the 500-hp, 8.3-liter Viper V-10 backed by a six-speed manual to create the fastest production truck in the world (147 mph). Hooliganism is guaranteed, as is creating a Superfund site every time you dump the clutch.

154.587...but who is counting?

Walt should get his back and then send it back to Hennessey a time or two more......Stinker will keep phuggin with his cuz he's obsessive compulsive.....AND me, Im just gonna get 5 gals of JP8 and a match.....phuggit!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back