Website building software

tsmith3

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody here know about website building software that is easy to use and will work with different browsers? I have Microsoft and it only works on Explorer, all other browsers the site looks like pooh

if you want to spend the cash dreamweaver is quit nice for it but just basic webpage stuff i usually just dig into the html and hand code it :)

redice2 said:
if you want to spend the cash dreamweaver is quit nice for it but just basic webpage stuff i usually just dig into the html and hand code it :)

Cool, I'll look into it. No html for me... way beyond my skills.

Frontpage extentions are not supported much anymore by providers. If you have MS Office you can purchase Visual Studio as an upgrade or just go with MS Web Expression.

It's what I use for all my personal web sites and at work I use Dreamweaver, but it does the exact same thing as Expression Web and is much cheaper. With Office, it's considered an upgrade also well under $100.00.

Do your self a favor and buy the book MS Expression 3. Learn the CSS and dynamic web templates. I can make a change to one of my templates and it automatically updates 63 pages when I save it. Then I just upload the 63 pages.

If you need any kind of help, give me a holler, I do a lot of web work both professionally and for fun.

yeah nice part about dream weaver is it has options to test compatibility in a multitude of browsers and connection speeds. also it doesn't throw in all the garbage code Microsoft loves to throw into the pages. only reason i recommend dream weaver. plus come on its Microsoft lol they like making all there stuff proprietary as hell. dream weaver is not browser specific.

I think you might want to check out MS Expression Web, it also test fopr other browser compatiability, does not throw in all the extra code Frontpage used to throw in there. You can build PHP or just about any other langiage out there. It's really a much nicer product than Dreamweaver. I was pretty amazed when I first saw it. They are more concerned about compatability now, when you are coding it will inform you when you have entered something that is not to the current HTML standards and where incompatiability exists in your code.

You can preset it to test for use with just about any or all browsers out there.

Try Coffee Cup Software.

Easy to use, good support, free upgrades, and reasonably priced....

If you want real basic and you don't want anything fancy you could use MS word, no coding or anything like that. Design page save as HTML, But Dreamweaver is the One I would go for for anything extensive.

Here's a link of a Word generated website I did years ago ....

http://ct-streetcroozers.com

The only part I don't like about it is that it justifies left and not centered. I'll be redoing this site with DW soon.

Jim

I think I have this MS Publisher figured out a little better. Just trying to get it justified in center instead of left. Going to try using % instead of pixels. I haven't uploaded it since I have worked on it but here is the link if ya wanna check it out www.rhinocasper.com

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Up to you, but I'd seriously look at the new MS Expression, I use Dreamweaver everyday at work. I build and support transactional web sites with Oracle, Sql Server and My Sql database backends. I use HTML, ASP & ASP.Net for programming languages.

I've gone to my boss and requested the MS Studio package because it's heads above Dreamweaver. The Studio package is quite expensive, but just buying Expression is under $100.00. Dreamweaver is great stuff, but good old Bill has finally come through with a good package for development. For what you are doing, the price is right and provides you with basic and advanced development all in one package.

Here's a link to a web site I'm building for the local MOPAR club. In Expression Web, I have about 2 hours in this site and all the basic functions are there, just need to fill in the blanks and do a little adjusting and I'm finished.

http://www.daydreamcruzn.com/mopar/index.html

The drop down menus can also be done in Dreamweaver, but it's very labor intensive, the menu system I am using on this site are simple to maintain and simple to create.

Believe me, I'm not a Microsoft fan in most cases, but Expression Web is a really nice product, priced right and very functional.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back