weird, fast idle, stuck RPM, but then gone

evobuilder

Reaction score
so I was sitting in a parking lot with my truck running at idle for at least 45 mins, then shut it off to go get my new MacBook Pro from Best Buy. Then I got back in, drove home on the freeway and when I got to my exit 15 miles away, my RPMs wouldn't drop below 1500 rpm, even if I cracked the throttle, it still hung at a high RPM.
When I got to a stop.... I shut it off and started it up again. all was fine and back to normal.

I am not worried about it, just wondered if anyone has heard of this issue before. BTW... my truck is 100% stock with 86K miles on it.

9Sounds like TPS issue, I had the same issue with mine. When I would roll up to a stop light it would continually idle around 1500-1800 rpms, I would have to let the clutch out a little to get it to idle down. I replaced my TPS and my Air Idle Speed control valve, reprogrammed WOT then all was back to normal. I will attach a link for reference.
Good luck.
https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...per-srt10-throttle-position-sensor-04686360ac

Last edited:
Sounds like a stuck IAC, you can try cleaning it and see if that helps. Given the miles on my truck, I tried to clean it but just went ahead and replaced it with a new one since they dont cost anything. I replaced mine with one from autozone, the one I changed out was the exact same as the new autozone one so that is what the owner before me replaced it with as well.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back