weird problem

moparviper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my truck back together this last weekend but its acting up on me again.

Every time I give it WOT the truck falls on its face at high RPMs then the throttle freaks out and bangs off the rev limiter untill I turn the key off. I turn the key back on still rolling and it drives completly normal untill I go WOT again and it does the same. I noticed the fuel pressure goes from 64 psi under normal driving conditions but whej I go WOT throttle drops to 60 psi. Idk if the trucks not getting enough fuel or what.

I was thinking maybe the TPS was off. Has anyone had this happen to them?

I just got my truck back together this last weekend but its acting up on me again.

Every time I give it WOT the truck falls on its face at high RPMs then the throttle freaks out and bangs off the rev limiter untill I turn the key off. I turn the key back on still rolling and it drives completly normal untill I go WOT again and it does the same. I noticed the fuel pressure goes from 64 psi under normal driving conditions but whej I go WOT throttle drops to 60 psi. Idk if the trucks not getting enough fuel or what.

Sounds like a sensor not plugged in? It didn't do this while you were racing the kills you posted up? Fuel is fine for sure. What about codes/check engine light? Letting your foot off the gas doesn't do anything when it starts this " banging off the rev limiter"? It does sound TPS related. Double check all of your connections/grounds.

Probably fucked it up by using nitrous:chain: WADR
I hope you get it fixed homie.

Went out this morning and started looking at the truck to see if anything was loose and the cold air intake wiggled loose and was barely hanging on. Im gonna go to the store and see if I can get some stronger clamps. im gonna have to start looking over the truck every now and then

Went out this morning and started looking at the truck to see if anything was loose and the cold air intake wiggled loose and was barely hanging on. Im gonna go to the store and see if I can get some stronger clamps. im gonna have to start looking over the truck every now and then

Use t-bolt clamps if at all possible, but don't overtighten them because you can crush tubes with them.

Good to hear you're Back in action bro. Always good to triple check things after a tear down like y'all did. Kinda like the " measure twice, cut once" theory but for a mechanic :chain:
Now please go run 10's and put that beast on the map would ya:burnout: :thrasher:

Any future problems these tools will do the job for you...

best-product-combination-duct-tape-demotivational-posters-1363980629.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back