weird rattle

trubuilt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just drove to the gf's and on the way a rattle started which sounds not to good all the gauges are reading normal, oil seemed a tiny bit low but not anything to cause any concern. the engine was just replaced about 4k ago did a break in. i think it might be coming from the clutch does that sound about right and i need to order the centerforce or any other ideas to check. I have magnaflow catback on order but i don't think it is coming from the exhaust. any ideas would be good, do i drive it to the dealer or tow???? the truck is now off warranty

WHERES THE RATTLE COMING FROM? ENGINE BAY, FROM THE SHIFTER?? IS IT A PINGING NOISE OR DEF. RATTLE? BEST BET IS TO TAKE IT TO THE DEALER , IS IT STILL UNDER WARRANTY?

i think it is coimg maybe from the exhaust manifold or headers not to sure i drove it and the rattle got a little worse but it drove fine all the gears worked well it seemed fine except the rattle. do some checking in the morning in better light.

Can you get it to rattle while not moving? Or does it stop rattling when the truck stops moving?

Silverback said:
If it's from the engine, is it at crank or cam speed?

Never thought of asking that question before! I had to think about it for awhile...live and learn.:rock: :rock: :rock:

I'm getting a rattling sound too. I don't know if it's the same as yours but it sounds like mine is coming from underneath the floorboard just behind the front seats. I just figured it was the muffler/exhaust rattling. The thing is, it only rattles for a few seconds and then stops for a while. It always happens while driving. Also I have an '05 QC. Just checking to see if it was the same type of sound.

mine seems i think to be exhaust it can hardly be heard with windows and doors shut but once open i can hear it it also seems to be getting worse i have only driven it maybe 15 miles since it stared just to make sure it is nothing serious. it almost sounds like a rock in the exhaust not sure if that is the best way of describing it.

Many rattles under the cab are bolts that have vibrated loose and often they are at the junction of headers (exhaust manifold for Nowwhat) and mid-pipes...they start as a slight rattle then become a racket, then the sound stops...because the nut has come all the way off and the bolt has been lost too.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back