Well...

Tooloe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today i desided that i'm making a change in my life... after losing my job an relizing that working in the oil field is a good job and there is alot of good men that i've worked beside and some i haven't. it's a true family only people that have been in it know what i mean there is just something about us guys getting dirty and doing a job together and knowing that it's getting done.... but ive desided that i cannot depend on it... if everything goes as plan i will start back to school in Aug. honesly it scares the living hell out of me.. because i droped out of school to help my family..and i don't claim to be the smartest person in the world but i know that if i put my head into anything i can do it... but i'm starting back to school in Aug to be a airline pilot so 2 years of my life here i come but it should all turn out better...i'm just asking that yall keep me in your thoughts an prayers.. it's going to be hard but in my head i just cannot let my self lose my harley or my black hemi without me bettering myself... my SRT10 isn't going anywhere it's the only thing i'm going to be able to keep but i'm just trying to make the best out of something that went bad. so here goes!:rock: i'm excited and scared at the same time... the flying isn't what scares me lol i've already for my privite's licens...so thats no biggie it's the math! lol:argh: anybody out there fly for a living?

Not very easy to just break into the airline industry. It will take a while to get your hours plus the airlines have not been doing great. How old are you? Have you thought about the military?

FlyingLow said:
Not very easy to just break into the airline industry. It will take a while to get your hours plus the airlines have not been doing great. How old are you? Have you thought about the military?

i know it will take some time.. the school i'm going to be attending they offer the 2 year course..to get you licens then you can become an instructor partime while you get your hours.. i've thought about the military alot but talking with my uncle " He Flew #2 Right Wing For The Blue Angles" the more i talk to him the more he tells me it isn't worth it right now for his own personal reasons

Tooloe said:
Today i desided that i'm making a change in my life... after losing my job an relizing that working in the oil field is a good job and there is alot of good men that i've worked beside and some i haven't. it's a true family only people that have been in it know what i mean there is just something about us guys getting dirty and doing a job together and knowing that it's getting done.... but ive desided that i cannot depend on it... if everything goes as plan i will start back to school in Aug. honesly it scares the living hell out of me.. because i droped out of school to help my family..and i don't claim to be the smartest person in the world but i know that if i put my head into anything i can do it... but i'm starting back to school in Aug to be a airline pilot so 2 years of my life here i come but it should all turn out better...i'm just asking that yall keep me in your thoughts an prayers.. it's going to be hard but in my head i just cannot let my self lose my harley or my black hemi without me bettering myself... my SRT10 isn't going anywhere it's the only thing i'm going to be able to keep but i'm just trying to make the best out of something that went bad. so here goes!:rock: i'm excited and scared at the same time... the flying isn't what scares me lol i've already for my privite's licens...so thats no biggie it's the math! lol:argh: anybody out there fly for a living?
totally support ya bro:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

it takes a big man to break out of a mold and start a new one, good luck my friend, i have complete faith you will succed:rock: :rock:

Tooloe said:
i know it will take some time.. the school i'm going to be attending they offer the 2 year course..to get you licens then you can become an instructor partime while you get your hours.. i've thought about the military alot but talking with my uncle " He Flew #2 Right Wing For The Blue Angles" the more i talk to him the more he tells me it isn't worth it right now for his own personal reasons

What school??? CTC?

TSTC they have been offering it for a few years now right here in goo ol waco...with a few class's in baylor

Gotta say you are either living like a king or eatin ramen noodles in the oilfield. The patch will be back but how long will it take? I was planning on going back to school shortly after I started roughneckin. Didn't happen. I bought my first pair of Red Wings and it was over! Sucked in for life. But this slow down did push the girlfriend to go back to school.

Best of luck to you. I know the last time it went belly up in the early-mid eighties my dad was working the rigs. Our state ended up paying for guys to learn a new profession through schooling.

I just heard of some program that can help with your health insurance. I think it was a waiting time of around 6 months being unemployed. They told me it will help pay the premiums for you.

My dad got his pilot license in Waco too!

wyoramsrt-10 said:
Gotta say you are either living like a king or eatin ramen noodles in the oilfield. The patch will be back but how long will it take? I was planning on going back to school shortly after I started roughneckin. Didn't happen. I bought my first pair of Red Wings and it was over! Sucked in for life. But this slow down did push the girlfriend to go back to school.

Best of luck to you. I know the last time it went belly up in the early-mid eighties my dad was working the rigs. Our state ended up paying for guys to learn a new profession through schooling.

I just heard of some program that can help with your health insurance. I think it was a waiting time of around 6 months being unemployed. They told me it will help pay the premiums for you.

My dad got his pilot license in Waco too!

So true i went from getting anythign i wanted to not having anything.....

and i bought my first pair of redwings all gung ho!..well i got fired...2 months later i got the ok to go back to school.... 1 weeks after the aprovel for my grants..i got a call was at the rig the next day....that was 3 years ago.... i'm going back to school this time.. just going to take some time and hard work.. and me and you both know.. some time i would rathe spend 8 hours in a school than i would spend 12 hours muddy in the rain wet....water in your boots... i'm doing it this time

Nothing worse than a cellar full of oil-base mud:mad:

I just don't know how much longer I have untill I get laid off. Our company just has no work. I have not been on a rig in two months. Lucky for me I am still getting a check.

Tooloe said:
TSTC they have been offering it for a few years now right here in goo ol waco...with a few class's in baylor
what school is it? gotta' link? my 18 year old may be interested in something like this.

yeah i've got to take my Girl friend to work an i'll post a few links when i get home.. it's not real bad around 60k for everything including the school and paying for the flight time

Our work is slow here in the Barnett shale. I trasfered to alaska working a 2week rotation. I fly out tomorrow kinda pumped and nervous. I feel lucky due to alot of tool hands wanted this position.

good luck bro - best wishes to you and ur family :congrats: :congrats:

toole have you ever thought of getting into the service side?

We work more hours but to a point the equipment will always need to be fixed.

bigike said:
toole have you ever thought of getting into the service side?

We work more hours but to a point the equipment will always need to be fixed.
I've tried man..... i've turned in so many apps to diffrent companys it just sucks and i'm tired of filling them out i know i've done at lease 100 apps in the 4 weeks i've been off send me a PM Big Ike if you know where i can turn to! please sir:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back