WESTCOAST VIPER... ANYONE USED THEM???

SnakeBite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fellas, I live in Temecula, CA, 30 miles north of San Diego. There is s shop in town called Westcoast Viper. They're a performance shop that specializes in Fiats & Miatas..... just kidding....:D Has anyone here had any experience with them????

I was talking to the main guy there on the phone, asking him about NOS systems and he was telling me the 150 shot of NOS is not a HP number, its torque! Said you don't see a big differnce in performance, and that one of the biggest differences you'll see is by putting headers and high flow cats on, which shocked me! From what I've been reading, I thought NOS gives you SC type performance... Shit... I'm confused, any help would be appreciated.

SnakeBite said:
Fellas, I live in Temecula, CA, 30 miles north of San Diego. There is s shop in town called Westcoast Viper. They're a performance shop that specializes in Fiats & Miatas..... just kidding....:D Has anyone here had any experience with them????

I was talking to the main guy there on the phone, asking him about NOS systems and he was telling me the 150 shot of NOS is not a HP number, its torque! Said you don't see a big differnce in performance, and that one of the biggest differences you'll see is by putting headers and high flow cats on, which shocked me! From what I've been reading, I thought NOS gives you SC type performance... Shit... I'm confused, any help would be appreciated.

No disrespect....but I have heard nothing but bad about them....

and he is full of it...if he thinks headers and high flows (30rwhp) will be the same as a 150 shot...

lol!!!!! 150 shot or headers?????? lol

the headers will be a little louder on your ears,,,,,,the 150 shot will blow your socks off:rock:

I gotta disagree with the fellas. Headers and high flow cats are a waaay better upgrade. You will not see any difference with the Nitrous whereas the headers and cats will give you a slightly noticable seat-of-the-pants gain.

Wait a minute, what is that little switch for?......

Push the buttton and what?.....

Pedal all the way to the floor does what?......

Ohhhhhh, now I get it, nevermind, I guess the nitrous really does work!!:D :D
What? Is this guy a moron saying nitrous is not a bigger power gain. Hand him a big can of STFU and tell him to start installing nitrous for his customers. He must not be a licensed dealer for any nitrous manufacturer....or he is friggin nuts. The nitrous is the way to go if you are looking for the most bang for the buck bro, that dude is a moron.

Greg

Greg

Actually he does. He has a Nitrous Express kit he sells installed for $2000. But.... He said what I quoted earlier. I was shocked to say the least. Vipers are all these guys work on and race as well.

I actually called Dan at DC Perf. and asked him 1st if he had a NOS system available, but he said he didn't really have a 150 shot that they did on a regular basis. They have the BIG systems that they do, I believe combined with other mods to make big HP. So I started calling around trying to find a good shop that could do a professional install of a 150 shot.

I've read here that its not that complicated, but I want it to look killer and work correctly with out damaging my new truck. I'm talking about something like JMB's set up, so I'm still searching....

Rob

My 125 shot made 125+ HP (under the curve) and about 170 TQ, and 175 made 175HP (under the curve) and 250+ TQ. You will always pick up a ton of torque with N20, especially on these viper engines. Wish you were closer, Id be happy to do the install :)
Justin

Thanks for the heads up.

Right on Fellas... Thanks for the heads up on them.

Justin, same here bro, wish you were closer. How about putting together a price on a complete 150 shot system with everything I need that looks like yours, two bottles, mounted in the bed and RED instead of orange.

Rob

SnakeBite said:
Right on Fellas... Thanks for the heads up on them.

Justin, same here bro, wish you were closer. How about putting together a price on a complete 150 shot system with everything I need that looks like yours, two bottles, mounted in the bed and RED instead of orange.

Rob
Man, I have 1000$ in my setup and it looks awesome and runs like a raped ape. I switch between the 125 and the 175 shot. The 125 shot is enough to put 90% percent of cars in the rearview. The numbers in my sig are off a 125 shot and hot engine. 100% stock otherwise. If I put the 175 in and let the motor cool more and spray at around 1100psi I have no doubt it will lay down around 600rwhp/600+rwtq. Tell me where else you can get that kind of performance for 1k. Stock tune with 2 step colder plugs, a/f is 11.1 @ wot.
I have the Zex truck efi kit, bottle is mounted under the back seat. here is the dyno sheet with only 10 mins apart.
srtzexdyno-1.jpg

100_3083.jpg

100_3085.jpg

Swift

Yeah, I went back and was reading your posts about you NOS install. I'm totally down for that. I just need to know EXACTLY what I need. Im no mechanic, so that's why I wanted to have one put the system in for me.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back