Wet Sump

pokeytemplar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well with all of the #3 rod failures I have started thinking about installing a wet sump on my build. Does anyone one have any experience, pictures, recommendations? Currently looking at the Peterson Wet sump pumps. I really would like to be able to rev reliably to 7k (not that I will do that often).

pokeytemplar said:
Well with all of the #3 rod failures I have started thinking about installing a wet sump on my build. Does anyone one have any experience, pictures, recommendations? Currently looking at the Peterson Wet sump pumps. I really would like to be able to rev reliably to 7k (not that I will do that often).

Ask (pm) Fastjack,he has something like you want on 1 truck , and I believe a dry sump on the other.

Ram From Hell said:
Wet sump? Seen and know of a dry sump setup for our engine, and it ain't cheap.;)

but sure is a beautiful peice of work. right there with the Hogan's intake
:rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout:

replace the engine oil cooler lines & make sure your engine has the latest & greastest oil pump by-pass valve:rock: :rock: :rock:

You are right Dry sump is not cheap. Just the pump costs more than a complete wet sump kit. I guess the best way to describe wet sump is that it still uses the oil pan's sump area (no tanks) and normally don't pull a vacuum (some can). Yes I guess I will send FstJack a PM I just hate bothering him all of the time!

Back