What Aftermarket Brake Pads do you Recommend???

VAViperPower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to get info from everyone as to what aftermarket brake pads you recommend to replace the factory dust pads. I did have the EBC Aftermarket "Green Stuff" pads I installed on my 05 SRT-10 before I sold it. Those pads were ok but they really took awhile to heat up and had a couple of close calls with trying to stop the truck on short notice. Those pads seemed to take forever before they would grab and stop the truck. Ive got an 06 Reg. cab now and need to find some replacements for the factory dust pads. Any ideas are greatly appreciated :rock:

Performance Friction..............Tried most of the pads out there and I have always had good luck and been satisfied.

FSTJACK said:
Performance Friction..............Tried most of the pads out there and I have always had good luck and been satisfied.

Me too, Lucy..... Performance Friction pads have been great ....

D

I'll be running the EBC greens on the road course over the weekend. Will give my impressions when I return.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
I'll be running the EBC greens on the road course over the weekend. Will give my impressions when I return.

LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT!!!! :rock: ....... I've heard good, and bad, about EBC's products. :dontknow: :confused:

JACK/TIM ---- From what I've heard.... PF only makes FRONT brake pads for '05-'06 model SRT-10 Ram's..... :dontknow: Is that still true?

I don't think that's right, Jake.....

I think they make front and rears for the '04-'05......

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.......

D

moparracing said:
http://www.zeckhausen.com/Dodge/Ram_SRT10.htm

you can't miss with these brake pads (low to no dust & no noise) & dave knows his stuff !!!!! :rock:

be sure to follow the brake bedding procedure on his website too !!!!:D

Did you keep the stock rotors or change them to the aftermarket rotors? How is the stopping performance of these pads? The OEM pads do dust alot but they sure stop well.

Thanks!

You wont get that initial grab like you do with the stock, personally I liked that change. No more feeling like your going through the windshield.
The overall stopping power is awesome.
Super low dust.

JR_PRO said:
Did you keep the stock rotors or change them to the aftermarket rotors? How is the stopping performance of these pads? The OEM pads do dust alot but they sure stop well.

Thanks!
no regrets with these pads, they are awesome !!!! "shade" was the one who suggested them to me, now i do for all my brothers !!!

kept the stock rotors, stop as good as the stockers + low to no dust & no noise !!! :rock:

Hey guys,
Just curious what you all used to compress the pistons on the front brake calipers? I thought the front calipers were 4 piston and might be tricky compressing all of them to install new aftermarket pads?? Thanks for any insight or experience you can provide. Im gonna go ahead and place an order for some new brake pads.

FSTJACK said:

:dito: :dito: :dito: PF is the say to go.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
EBC Greenstuff on a road course? Yikes! I'm not a big fan of any EBC pads, but if you're going to be using them, you want the Yellow Stuff or Blue Stuff pads for track use. Greenstuff is a street-only pad. See EBC's own marketing descriptions below. They don't even want you running the Yellowstuff Truck & SUV Series pads at the track.

greenpad.jpg
6000pad.jpg
7000%20series.jpg

Greenstuff pads: 2000 Series, 6000 Series, 7000 Series

yellowstuffpad.jpg
dieselpad.jpg

Yellowstuff pads: 400 "R" Series, Truck & SUV Series

bluepads.jpg

Bluestuff pads: 5000 Series Endurance Race Pads

What I anticipate will happen is that you will overheat the Greenstuff pads and the result will be black blobs of pad transfer all over your rotors. After the track day, you may experience moderate to severe brake judder from the resulting rotor thickness variation. It may slowly resolve itself as you drive more street miles over the next few weeks. Or you may need to use a more abrasive pad or a brake hone tool to remove the excessive deposits from your rotors. As a last resort, you could have the rotors turned. All of this is assuming, of course, that you run into trouble. Who knows? You might get lucky.

Warning: Do NOT use sandpaper to remove pad deposits from your rotors, since sandpaper uses aluminum oxide as the abrasive. This will react with the cast iron, when heated, and damage your rotors. If you use an abrasive, make sure it's garnet paper, which does not have the same reaction with iron. Be sure to remove any grit from the rotors with compressed air, brake cleaner, and/or hot soapy water before you reinstall them.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back