What aftermarket spark plugs do you recommend???

VAViperPower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to look into replacing the factory stock plugs on my SRT-10 for a set of aftermarket plugs. I know Bosch has some excellent plugs out including the fusion iridium plug as well as the bosch platinum +4 plugs. I was wondering what guys are running in their trucks and had good luck with.

As a side note, I ended up changing out my spark plugs in my 99 VW Jetta a few years ago with the Bosch +4's and after a few hundred miles I ended up having detonation, and violet bucking, missing,etc during acceleration. The dealer found the higher resistance from additional electrodes on the new bosch +4 plugs caused melting of my distributor cap, rotor and plug wires. I didnt want to repeat the same thing with my 06 SRT-10 Reg. Cab.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thanks :rock:

NGK

VAViperPower said:
Just wanted to look into replacing the factory stock plugs on my SRT-10 for a set of aftermarket plugs. I know Bosch has some excellent plugs out including the fusion iridium plug as well as the bosch platinum +4 plugs. I was wondering what guys are running in their trucks and had good luck with.

As a side note, I ended up changing out my spark plugs in my 99 VW Jetta a few years ago with the Bosch +4's and after a few hundred miles I ended up having detonation, and violet bucking, missing,etc during acceleration. The dealer found the higher resistance from additional electrodes on the new bosch +4 plugs caused melting of my distributor cap, rotor and plug wires. I didnt want to repeat the same thing with my 06 SRT-10 Reg. Cab.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thanks :rock:

Ngk is a great plug, I used them for years when i had the shop and had 0 failures. Autolite is also a good choice.

I let the Bosch rep talk me into trying Bosch's. I had a few problens with them.

The customer does not look at the plug as failing but as my work as not up to par.

Autolite or NGK.

damn, looks like bosch is not to popular anymore. Their newest iridium fusion plug with the 4 electrodes is selling for 10 bucks a plug!!! Looks like i might be better off by going with the top of line NGK plug and also save a couple of bucks per plug in the end???

NGK also. I can bring my extra set of (colder) NGKs that I replaced during my engine rebuild. Only have about 2-3K miles on them. I took pics and posted them on my install thread. Held up fine. Run them now on three of my vehicles.

Eddie has my Bosch Supers with his new SC and they work fine (gapped to 32). No issues.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back