what do ya'll think

Ironhead said:
sounds kind of big for a first house but if you can hang more power to ya

I agree. That was my first thought but if you can make it I say go for it.

Congrats on the purchase.

Congrats on the biggest/best move you will ever make!!If you can swing it(BE SURE)you will never regret it!!!:rock: By the way,how big is the garage??:D

If you are getting a 30 year fixed rate mortgage...ask what the monthly payments would be for a 15 year fixed rate...the interest rate will be lower but the payments may be a little stiff. But if you can manage it, look at the total cost of the purchase (15 yr vrs. 30 yr mortgage). You will be amazed. If you can't swing the 15 year...pay it off using the 15 year payment amount...as often as you can. You will be amazed at the savings over the length of the loan. Also plan to make 13 payments every calendar year. Be sure to make your January payment in December not early January. That will be more interest in the tax year to deduct from your tax return.

Good luck...

congrats man. Houses in the states are soo much bigger and nicer then up here in canada. In my dumpy city you pay 300,000 for a shitbox 1500 sq foot house. its new, but it aint nice like the the american houses. Enjoy man, congrats

lukedovichak said:
congrats man. Houses in the states are soo much bigger and nicer then up here in canada. In my dumpy city you pay 300,000 for a shitbox 1500 sq foot house. its new, but it aint nice like the the american houses. Enjoy man, congrats

I have two 1720 sq.ft houses for sale for 750-800k. It is expensive up here now. The labor shortage drove prices up 50% last year but this year it has slowed down and most of the labor prices have been cut up to 20%. But still 30% up in a couple years is still way too much. As long as oil stays up Alberta will do good.
Congrats on the purchase as many have said as long as you can afford it and you are not paying above market value go for it. As prof advised pay as much as your extra money on your mortgage it will add up huge in the long run.

Man, that is the best choice you have probably made, well that and buying your truck, well maybe not going out with that one fat girl, but hey no one cares. When they give you those keys and you open that door for the first time it is incredible the feeling is just off the chain

HEY man that sounds great!

Very smart man buying in the down turn!

My house was 136$ it didn't appraise that high because of the 3 car garage and we got it for 124......................... it appraise for 134 last year.

THIS YEAR OUR VALUE IS 95 THOUSAND DOLLARS.

THANKS TO ALL THE MEXICANS AND WHAT NOT MOVING IN "AND KILLING EACH OTHER AROUND MY HOUSE" I'LL NEVER SELL THIS TURD!

Sounds like you paid enough money to keep the crap out of your area!

Good luck bro! sounds like a wonderful deal on a beautiful house!

1badnightrunner said:
the house is in between Dallas and Acworth but it's right on the Border of cobb co.....
theres really nice homes all around where its at, any were from $200k-$750k
and growing!!
but i'm an ole country boy who grew up in trailers most all my life,
I've made really good money most of my life, but to sit and tell that I made smart choices with well, lets just say for me to blow money thats an under statement!!!
i've made alot of changes in the last year, and spending is one of them!!
I guess like a lot of men 32, a wife and 5 kids it's time to grow up!!!
I know theres a lot of guys on here that are more then smart with there life and money, so I just thought i'd ask

Congrats on your decision!:rock: Now, get a VASECTOMY :p :p :D :D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back