What do you guys think of the new Nissan GTR?

Only problem I have with it is that it is a Nissian....tires that support a jap car will never park in my garage.....other than that small issue it's probably a nice car..;)

Looks like a G35 on 'roids. :D

Drivetrain sounds cool.
Body leaves a lot to be desired.
Rear wing is "all rice - all the time".
$80K? I'll pick up a Viper instead.

Kevan said:
Drivetrain sounds cool.
Body leaves a lot to be desired.
Rear wing is "all rice - all the time".
$80K? I'll pick up a Viper instead.

:dito:

TNVIPER said:
Only problem I have with it is that it is a Nissian....tires that support a jap car will never park in my garage.....other than that small issue it's probably a nice car..;)

Don't forget, our trucks were built in MEXICO!!:dontknow: :p

Marc T said:
Don't forget, our trucks were built in MEXICO!!:dontknow: :p

Yea, yea, yea...my former SRT8 had an engine from Mexico, trans from Germany and was built in Canada....pisses me but I am cornered...:mad: ..but I still aint buying a Japanese car..No....:hmpf: :thumpdown: ...;)

I think it's an awesome car, on par with the power of today's cars (with a little variance of course): 2008 Viper, Corvette Z06, BMW M3. Can't wait to see what Toyota/Lexus is going to decide to finalize. Competition is great!

amartin3 said:
I think it's an awesome car, on par with the power of today's cars (with a little variance of course): 2008 Viper, Corvette Z06, BMW M3. Can't wait to see what Toyota/Lexus is going to decide to finalize. Competition is great!

Oh BTW I don't think you can compare the Viper's, Vettes and BMW M3's with the GT-R. If you do a comparison on the specs the GT-R is more comparable to the Porsche. The GT-R is a 450hp twin turbo AWD monster with minor mods to the intake computer and exhuast it will easily be pushing over 500hp to the rear wheels.

bub180jp said:
Oh BTW I don't think you can compare the Viper's, Vettes and BMW M3's with the GT-R. If you do a comparison on the specs the GT-R is more comparable to the Porsche. The GT-R is a 450hp twin turbo AWD monster with minor mods to the intake computer and exhuast it will easily be pushing over 500hp to the rear wheels.
You mean all 4 wheels.
:D

I definately thought about the Porsche 911 when I saw the specs to this car, but the Porsche is in a completely different price range. But price aside, it is the car to compare it to. That Lexus certainly looks promising; I just don't know about the price tag. I've also read stuff about the new Supra, but I'm not sure if it's legit.

I like the overall look of it.. but its still a V6.... thought TT...but come on now... for $80k they coulda put one-helluva short stroke small bore V8 in in and make it sound like it looks!!! and problably perform better...

V6 no matter what you do with it will sound like a lawn tractor.... keep in mind the flat 6's in porcshes are way difference motors....

I have no problems with Nissan....

But my Nissan is from the late 90's... I hear the service problems and quality issues with Nissan have come about in the last 5yrs or so....

I wouldn't spend 80grand for the new offering from Nissan...no fkn way.

The price is just ridiculously high.... There are a number of great cars in that price range that are much more attractive to me....... and I am a big Nissan fan.....

The Lexus car....... double the price....... hah....! What a choke...

The existing Lexus sport coupe is very nice, but even that is getting close to 100k.....

The vehicles offered by Superformance begin looking awfully good by comparison....

Right, John.............?

....oh, and a very good morning to you all.............

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back