what do you think

tommmmy03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off let me apologize if I posted this in the wrong section.
I wanted to post this letter I wrote to the city to see what you guys think.
Here in Newport News you have to get a dog tag for your dog every year. The rate is 10 for a sexed dog and 5 for a unsexed dog (one that has been fixed) My dog has been fixed but I paid the 10 last year because I didn't think about it, so I paid 5 dollars to much (I know, big deal). Now the city has sent me another bill for 10 dollars for this year, so I responded with this letter.

I am mailing my 2009 Animal Registration Card back without a check for the following reason.
I had my male Doberman Pinscher (Prince) neutered on the 18th day of January 2006 (see enclosed receipt). I paid ten dollars for his license on the 11th day of July 2005 (see enclosed receipt) which was the correct amount.
My 2007 animal license fee was five dollars (see enclosed receipt) although I was billed ten dollars. I mailed the bill back with the receipt showing I had Prince neutered on the 18th day of January 2006 (see enclosed receipt) and my license fee should only be five dollars.
My 2008 animal license fee should have been five dollars (you can rest assure that Prince is still neutered) but I was billed 10 dollars and I did not catch the mistake. Therefore I paid 10 dollars (see enclosed receipt) instead of five. Which means I overpaid, and therefore should have a five dollar credit.
Now I have received my 2009 animal license fee, and again I am being billed ten dollars instead of five and as I have stated in above paragraph, Prince is still neutered. The license fee for Prince should be five dollars instead of ten, and since I over paid my 2008 fee by five dollars I should have a five dollar credit. Please apply this credit to my 2009 license fee.
I am enclosing the receipt from when Prince was neutered on the 18th day of January 2006. He is also available for inspection if you so desire.

Sincerely, Phillip Hayes

Last edited:
Good luck trying to recoup the 5 bucks..... I guess it's worth a try.

But it seems like an awful lot of fuss over $5.......

The animal control and humane societies in municipal areas are underfunded and understaffed components of the city government and enforcement... They need every dollar that they can get..... They are usually staffed with caring individuals (mostly) who love animals..... They deserve the $5 if anyone does.

Besides, you fkd up and sent 'em the extra five last year... It wasn't their fault...

Just my .02

(PS) In this specific case you are talking about Prince being "neutered"... not "nurtured"....

D

Phil, Hopefully we nurture all of our pets but I believe the word you are looking for is nutured. They might understand that a little better.

we drive 505ci viper powered pickups and fuel has been knockin down the 5 dollar a gallon price earlier this year and we worried botu 5 dollars for a dog you probably paid over 400 for????

sorry after re-reading that i was kinda a smart ass... no harm no foul right?

tommmmy03 said:
It is just the principle of the matter

Understood...take the 10 bucks off at tax time as a donation.... might feed and vaccinate a good pound pup, that may make it to a loving family/home.;) :D :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back