What Is A Roush Jaguar?

fun2xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I am driving back to the Seattle area after visiting my mom in Portland. Traffic has been sorta heavy the whole way. As we near Olympia, the traffic begins to thin out and I am able to start cruising around 80. I have just a few more cars to pass and will be in the wide open. Up ahead about five miles the speed limit drops down to 60, so I decide to pass the last few cars then open the truck up a bit. As I pass the last few cars, I notice a black late-model Jag cruising between a few cars I was passing. As I get out into the clear I notice he has darted out from where he was and is now right on my bumper. On more car ahead of me, and after it changes lanes nothing left in front of me. Car in front of me slowly gets over and I pull ahead of it and get in the right lane, waiting for Mr. Jag do pass me. I am doing about 70 at this time and he pulls along side me. He rolls down his heavily-tinted passenger window and puts up his hand. He signals....3 fingers...two fingers....one finger...GO!! I was ready for his go and already had the truck in third. I drop the clutch and plant the gas!! I instantly gain half a car lenth on him as his automatic(?) is slightly slower to react. He is right beside me, same speed, same pace. As I shift into fourth without a miss, thank goodness, he pulls up a bit closer thanks to my RPM drop. Now his bumper is at my fender. We are still at the same speed and same pace and I can hear him winding out. Suddenly, from my right side comes a shriek. "Slow down honey!!" I quickly glance at the speedo as I let off the gas. I was doing 130 and this Jag keeps climbing as I back down. I shift into fifth and let the truck slowly work its way back to a normal speed. Just then, we pass the new 60 MPH speed limit signs. Mr. Jag slows down to and gives me the thumbs up. I return the thumbs up and yell at him that his car is pretty quick. We are cruising next to each other at 60 by now and he yells back that his car weighs over 4000 pounds. I laugh and tell him that with me, my girlfriend, and all of our stuff I am over 6000 pounds. His jaw drops and he shakes his head and drives ahead of me. As he pulls ahead I look to see what model Jag he has. Who can tell those cars apart anyway? The only emblem on the back is five letters spelling Roush. What kind of Jag was this? Anyone? Supercharged I am guessing if was a Roush, but what is the HP rating supposed to be? What else is special about this car?

Greg

If its a coupe, its probably the XKR with some roush mods most likely.

Edit: Here's a link for XKR Specs: LINK

Last edited:
You know Steve( Ali-G) had the Roush shop in the UK mod his truck.That is where I got my "Racing" badges.Just half of the "Roush Racing" he had on his.Might be an explanation.Does JR have a shop out there or maybe they did it in NC.

Jag has made a SJR model for a while now. I *think* it's somewhere around 4 liters, 8 cylinders, and supercharged = 400hp. Heavy cars for sure, but I would think that once moving, they will roll.:rock:

Actually, this car was a 4-door. Still can't find any info on it. Perhaps it is just some dude who bolted a supercharger onto his Jag and then put Roush stickers on it.

Anyone else have any info?

Greg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back