What is the difference between the '05 & '06 QC's?

05 seats 6
06 seats 5
The whole dash is changed. Heated seats and power sliding are options for the 06. The colors changed also (red and silver). I also think the 06 has a larger fuel tank.

There are a lot of changes but I don't think the motor internals are different than the 05's. I have an '06 and I chose it for the looks (interior and exterior) as well as the fact that there were fewer 06's produced than any other year and they are updated in many ways. My only regret is that I did not choose the Inferno Red color. It looks great IMHO. On the other hand, police ignore my Gray truck and I have not gotten a single ticket in it. It's a sleeper for sure.

If you need that one extra seat the 05 is the obvious choice. I also think the 05's have more comfortable seats for cruising but the 06 seats hold you in better for cornering. In the end, I think it is mostly personal preference in looks. If you're a collector, you will probably have completely different criteria. Either way, you get a bad ass Viper Truck so it's hard to go wrong. I have an 06 for sale if you're interested. 12k miles and the best offer I've had is $26,000.

ChrisAZ said:
There are a lot of changes but I don't think the motor internals are different than the 05's. I have an '06 and I chose it for the looks (interior and exterior) as well as the fact that there were fewer 06's produced than any other year and they are updated in many ways. My only regret is that I did not choose the Inferno Red color. It looks great IMHO. On the other hand, police ignore my Gray truck and I have not gotten a single ticket in it. It's a sleeper for sure.

If you need that one extra seat the 05 is the obvious choice. I also think the 05's have more comfortable seats for cruising but the 06 seats hold you in better for cornering. In the end, I think it is mostly personal preference in looks. If you're a collector, you will probably have completely different criteria. Either way, you get a bad ass Viper Truck so it's hard to go wrong. I have an 06 for sale if you're interested. 12k miles and the best offer I've had is $26,000.

Have you tried Carmax or the dealership?? I had more miles on mine and some paint work. Carmax offered me 27k and I got 29k from the dealership. They had offered me 30k the fisrt time I went there:dontknow:

Thanks ChrisAZ! I kinda like the gray and inferno color options, but I've been leaning towards the '05, unless there is some big change that I'm not aware of. The 6th seat is definately a plus since this will double as my family "car" too!;)

Oh yeah, what rear gears do these QC's have with the automatic? Are they ever swapped out in favor of lower (higher numerical) gears? Is it even necessary? Can you get a good "bark" when the tranny shifts from first to second? :burnout: What needs to be done to accomplish first to second upshift "bark"?:burnout: :rock:

Oh yeah, what rear gears do these QC's have with the automatic? Are they ever swapped out in favor of lower (higher numerical) gears? Is it even necessary? Can you get a good "bark" when the tranny shifts from first to second? :burnout: What needs to be done to accomplish first to second upshift "bark"?:burnout: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back