What is this business????????

...and it looks like there is a loose nut on that exhaust collector too.
Time to get busy.

must be a head gasket! :( they aren't very good from the factory!

Time to clean it off (coolant never drys)& pressure test the system. Check the oil for moisture while your at it.
Oil analysis would not hurt if pressure alone won't make it leak.
The block has a drain plug behind that starter also. Also check that.

Last edited:
Well thanks guys, yes I was taking pictures of the fluid...this is my confusion, I just had the head gasket re-done about 6 months ago (since that time I've probably driven it less than 500 miles). They didn't pressure test the block that I know of, however they determined what cylinder it was that was leaking. After installation they said it was back to perfect. They also said the heads were true, didn't need any type of resurfacing. The truck has 30k miles on it, of which 11k are mine.

*side note, I'm currently trying to troubleshoot a really squeaky belt, which was ALSO new 500 miles ago. (Only reason that was replaced was because they installed my V1R UD pulley). I thought it may have been the power steering pump that was causing drag (seizing up) because the power steering was acting funny when I was driving. It would go in and out when I hit little bumps in the road. The fluid has always been fine, and I had never had that problem before.

Any ideas on what could be going on here??

Am I right in assuming its coming from just above the bolt on the starter. You can see the drip in pics 1 & 4. If so, is that the head gasket? (excuse my lack of knowledge, I've never pulled apart an engine)

Am I right in assuming its coming from just above the bolt on the starter. You can see the drip in pics 1 & 4. If so, is that the head gasket? (excuse my lack of knowledge, I've never pulled apart an engine)

unfortunately, it looks like it is head gasket. There is a wet mark on the head, down onto the block and on the starter.

Not enough tension . The belt is slpping. Might need a shorter belt

Ok well it is going to go into the shop to be diagnosed again. Hopefully this new shop will diagnose it properly and be able to tell me why this will be my second time in 6 months to replace a head gasket....:mad:

On another note...should I stick with the Gen IV gasket?

Thanks for the help as always guys

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back