What is this gforce crap?

Pneumothorax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the truck used back in November and discovered this yesterday while doing my UDP. Hidden behind the coolant tank. After looking it up, it's one of those cheap pos "chips" that claims to boost power, mpg, and torque for $69. Pretty sure I should take this off, am I right?

I bought the truck used back in November and discovered this yesterday while doing my UDP. Hidden behind the coolant tank. After looking it up, it's one of those cheap pos "chips" that claims to boost power, mpg, and torque for $69. Pretty sure I should take this off, am I right?

Hell yes remove that pos! Note what it's connected to as well. I'm interested to see what it's tapped into. Lmfao
Looks like it goes to intake air temp sensor and fooling it to think its colder than actual to enrich fuel . Seems it would create less mileage :(

agreed:rock::rock::rock:

is it just one wire to the intake temp. sensor???

Hell yes remove that pos! Note what it's connected to as well. I'm interested to see what it's tapped into. Lmfao
Looks like it goes to intake air temp sensor and fooling it to think its colder than actual to enrich fuel . Seems it would create less mileage :(

That's exactly where it taps into. Maybe that's why I am getting 10.1 MPG with just a few simple bolt ons.

agreed:rock::rock::rock:

is it just one wire to the intake temp. sensor???

It splits into 2 wires and taps into the temp sensor.

Yup kill it with fire! Or see if they'll refund you, lmfao:rock:
Yeah it's basically tricking the PCM by thinking the intake charge is cooler than normal and adding fuel and timing possibly. All depends on actual ambient air. It drives PCM wild because it conflicts with our ambient air reading and conditions. Looks like a good clay target for a 12 gauge :rock:

Yup kill it with fire! Or see if they'll refund you, lmfao:rock:
Yeah it's basically tricking the PCM by thinking the intake charge is cooler than normal and adding fuel and timing possibly. All depends on actual ambient air. It drives PCM wild because it conflicts with our ambient air reading and conditions. Looks like a good clay target for a 12 gauge :rock:

I'm a bit of a pyro so I say kill it with fire. This will be done tomorrow on my day off. Thanks for the help. Glad I stumbled upon this lol

Glad you found it! Honestly surprised it never threw codes due to it being installed. Fire! Fire! Fire! (Beavis) lol

Glad you found it! Honestly surprised it never threw codes due to it being installed. Fire! Fire! Fire! (Beavis) lol

It did throw a code. But I'm so used to a CEL being lit from my SRT4 that I never paid any attention to it. Now I know...POS chip. I keep stumbling upon things the previous owner did and I just smh :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back