What mods does it take to run 12's with a QC?

Sithor

Reaction score
I've got a completely stock '05 QC with every option there is, so it probably is going to be a bit heavier. I wanna run 12's but don't really have the money to go crazy with on mods. What are the best bang for the buck mods and which would more than likely take me into the 12's? Thanks.

LOL! Very funny, actually I was selling the bike but some girl in Fremont backed out. Oh well, I just need a rear tire for it now. I still am getting bored with stock on the SRT. By the way, you got more pics on the black '05 damn she is looking good.

Get a stage II flash from Boomer. That will really wake up your QC!!

It won't get it into the 12's, but you'll be well on your way!

Add a little bottle-feeding, and you are there!!

Well its already Black so you're not to far away...:D

Being that its a QC, im sure everyone is going to recomend the stage II ecu. I heard it :rock:'s !!!!

besdies juice... removing your cats... is high on the bang for buck mod :D .. that and the pcm and you'll be low 13's

How far should I go with the exhaust, just a cat-back or should I do more? After reading many forums on here it seems the intake doesn't get much gain by going to a cold air set-up. People seem to think that just doing a filter swap is enough.

Headers ,delete the cats,mids,and cat back and----Slicks---- and you mash the pedal and you are in the 12,s.

But the Busa will be cheaper faster and more fun in the breeze.

Last edited:
hemi killer said:
Add a Tornado on your CAI?

I hope you were kidding on that one. On removing the cats, do I replace with a custom test pipe or are there ones already created for this mod?

Also are people seeing gains by removing the spare tire and towing package? I was just curious on if it was a good way to save weight or removing them would hurt do to a bad launch with a light rear end.

PCM, magnaflow, cat delete.

Those are your top 3 easiest things to do. I did headers on top of this early on, mainly for the sound. They are expensive, but don't give a huge bang for the buck.

Do a search on band upgrades for the transmission. I think stinker has posted on this a few times.

1Fast400 said:
PCM, magnaflow, cat delete.

Those are your top 3 easiest things to do. I did headers on top of this early on, mainly for the sound. They are expensive, but don't give a huge bang for the buck.

And:

Drop tire pressure to 22lbs and clean tires with simple green before you drive onto track. Drive around water box. Practice launching and find which one works for you. With good cold air you should be able to hit 12's.

patrick

its a lot cheaper to put a 150 shot on there than to put headers, exhaust, intake, and stageII. that stuff will cost you well into $3000+

Do you want power all the time? Or just @ the track...?

Power all the time (as mentioned above) - Drop in, Flash, Cat Delete, Exhaust, and slicks...that should put you in the 12's

Power just at track- 100-150 shot and call it a day :D

RedSrt007 said:
Do you want power all the time? Or just @ the track...?

Power all the time (as mentioned above) - Drop in, Flash, Cat Delete, Exhaust, and slicks...that should put you in the 12's

Power just at track- 100-150 shot and call it a day :D

I agree!
I have 1000$ in my setup and have almost 600rwhp on tap for the track and can completely remove it in a few hrs. Everything is stock except for a drop in K&N filter and spark plugs. With the stock exhaust it is a sleeper on the streets:burnout:

Last edited:
Stage 2/K&N CAI/Borla Exhaust Sans rear cats got me several runs in the 12's. Best run was 12.7 @108. I had good weather and good 60's (1.8) on stock tires. Jrgnd did the same.

SWIFT said:
I agree!
I have 1000$ in my setup and have almost 600rwhp on tap for the track and can completely remove it in a few hrs. Everything is stock except for a drop in K&N filter and spark plugs. With the stock exhaust it is a sleeper on the streets:burnout:

how is youe truck setup?

i will be ordering my pcm and air intake in a few days and just that is almost 1000 dollars.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back