what rear end do we have?

sstdusty

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what size rear end do we have?the reason i ask is i bought mag-hytec diff covers(front/rear)for my 04 2500. my 2500 has the AA 11.5 rear.it's a aluiminum cover with cooling fins,o-ring instead of a gasket,and holds more oil.has a drain plug,"dipstick" and place for a 1/8 temp probe. miight be a nice add on.i'm not at home to look under my truck or under the hood at the sticker.

sstdusty said:
what size rear end do we have?the reason i ask is i bought mag-hytec diff covers(front/rear)for my 04 2500. my 2500 has the AA 11.5 rear.it's a aluiminum cover with cooling fins,o-ring instead of a gasket,and holds more oil.has a drain plug,"dipstick" and place for a 1/8 temp probe. miight be a nice add on.i'm not at home to look under my truck or under the hood at the sticker.
I have an 04 it has a Dana 60 9 1/4" (possibly designated as a super 60):D

Good luck :)

sstdusty said:
they make them for the dana 60 also.i wonder if it's the same bolt pattern?
You can PM Stingray and he will probably be able to give you more info. I looked in the 04 and 05 manuals and neither one is very clear. :dontknow:

Sorry - good luck though :D

Gee, I was going to say...

About 80 lbs to much and too big to fit in a chair

I'm glad it was about the truck, good question, I learned something too

The third shock mount is part of the cover casting, and to my knowledge our truck is the only model with that third shock, so unless you plan on removing that shock you stuck with what we have.

Silverback- Don't some of the Dually/HD models have the same setup we do back there?

If they do not, then it's no surprise the the tech guy at DANA didn't have a clue about our diff. :)

Kevan said:
Silverback- Don't some of the Dually/HD models have the same setup we do back there?

If they do not, then it's no surprise the the tech guy at DANA didn't have a clue about our diff. :)

I know my 99 dually had a Dana 80 in the rear and a 60 up front. A standard 3/4 ton had a 60 in the rear, but that is floating axle set up which is way different than what we have. 1/2 tons had 44's. We are the odd ones when it comes to the rear ends.

WILDMAN

Everyone is right. We have a Dana super 60 built just for these trucks. They are heavier built than a regular Dana 60 like are in the older cars and heavy trucks.

Wade

A standard 3/4 ton had a 60 in the rear, but that is floating axle set up which is way different than what we have.
MY 99' (2500) HAS A DANA 70 IN THE REAR AND THE 60 UP FRONT,BUT MINES A 2500HD MAYBE THATS THE DIFFERENCE?

The current 2500/3500 use AAM axles, not dana anymore. I'm pretty sure that the HD/Super designation is b/c of 35 spline shafts opposed to 30. I don't know of another 60 that isn't a full float besides ours.

Joe

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back