What size bolt on crank

kpracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the size on the bolt on the front of the crank??

I just changed thermostat and was watching it,it look like it is wobbly so I want to check it.

Thanks

13/16th or 1 1/4" depending on model. It was usually the 13/16th that backed out. Here's a thread that talks about it. Use Loctite. I have an early '05 with the 13/16th bolt. I don't know when the change was made to the larger bolt.
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488

Last edited:
As I recall the 04s had the smaller size, 05-06 have the 1 1/4". My 05 has the 1 1/4" so did Eddie's truck which I believe was an 05.

OK I checked it.
The size is 1 1/4 and it don’t feel loose but I cant torque it the engine just turns over:dontknow:

But I guess it is not loose, is it normal that you can see the pulley go from side to side or is it just mine:confused:

kpracing said:
OK I checked it.
The size is 1 1/4 and it don’t feel loose but I cant torque it the engine just turns over:dontknow:

But I guess it is not loose, is it normal that you can see the pulley go from side to side or is it just mine:confused:
I don't think the pulley should move. It's bolted to the harmonic balancer. Now your balancer might be on tight but the pulley bolts might be loose. You might need a mirror to look in there to see what size they are and if they need tightening.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back