What size Paxton Pulley??

BOOMER said:
stop gettin ideeerss. we got ya covered ya dand gear head:D

Hahaha after winning a few grand at craps between Vegas and Reno I'm starting to lust after some more goodies :rock: I'm excited to get my baby running again. In fact my brother's Mustang is going to be entered in King of the Street in September, good chance we can have his car and my truck in a magazine photo shoot if I'm running by then :D We pick up his twin turboed, 1000+ hp car in about two weeks.

im runnin the DC 8lb pully no sliping yet but i do manage to blow my after cooler off.

avmech said:
im runnin the DC 8lb pully no sliping yet but i do manage to blow my after cooler off.
haha, randy we need to weld to mounting ears on each side of the cooler and the plumbing so we can run a thru bolt in them so that cant happen.

on cogged belts you need to be aware that the oil pump gear floats on the end of the crank. a cogged belt can cause some serious harmonics that can make the oil pump gear shatter. i have seen it twice. so keep that in mind.

BOOMER said:
on cogged belts you need to be aware that the oil pump gear floats on the end of the crank. a cogged belt can cause some serious harmonics that can make the oil pump gear shatter. i have seen it twice. so keep that in mind.

Could you use a fluid dampened pulley on the crank to address that issue?

Silverback said:
Could you use a fluid dampened pulley on the crank to address that issue?
i dont think it would work. see if you concur, silver my man,
i think the harmonics are being hammered into the crank thru pulley and that is then reverbed into the oil pump gear. since its not a twisting motion, i dont know if the balancer would asorb that since the pulley is bolted direclty to the crank snout.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back