What too look for

cummin4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thinking about selling my juicedup cummins for a SRT10. What are some off the notable problems to look for without going into great detail:)
for example 96-98 cummins are prone to killer dowl pin which cracks the timing housing and is very costly.

Thanks for any replys :)

cummin4u said:
I thinking about selling my juicedup cummins for a SRT10. What are some off the notable problems to look for without going into great detail:)
for example 96-98 cummins are prone to killer dowl pin which cracks the timing housing and is very costly.

Thanks for any replys :)
What year cummins, and is it a duelie?

Bill.

Big Perm said:
http://vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1137

If the link doesn't work, should be on the 3rd or 4th page in this forum....:rock:

What year cummins, and is it a duelie?

Bill.

1998 auto, clubcab, lwb, not dually.....

this is the only pic I have on photobucket rightnow
welds001.jpg

If you do decide to sell it soon let me know, because i'm going to be in the market for a new tow vehicle soon.

Bill.

Begood said:
If you do decide to sell it soon let me know, because i'm going to be in the market for a new tow vehicle soon.

Bill.

As soon as I get everything checked out on it I will let you know...It has a couple issues I need to get fixed.:)

The biggest thing I have towed with it is a 23' Seacraft, speed and power wasn't an issue:)

Silverback said:
Since it's modified, have you rebuilt the transmission to handle the power?

Yes about 3 times :mad: its pretty solid now but its like a ticking time bomb :(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back