What veterans do.

That was weird. It started playing, but in slow motion. Then I tried to restart it and was locked out.

Seen enough of it to that is just crazy stupid.

I saw it, I would normal say it was funny, But it Wasn't

Im glad that Guy did what he did, But im afraid to make any comment........

wyoramsrt-10 said:
That was weird. It started playing, but in slow motion. Then I tried to restart it and was locked out.

Seen enough of it to that is just crazy stupid.
Ok its working now try it again.

Burkerice07 said:

It wasnt funny thats the type of shit that goes without incident daily in this country. That guy proves that not everybody that lives in the USA takes are country for granted.

the mex's are every where and they wont stop till our country is shit like theres. those people should have been arrested for treason. or sent them back home with the american flag shoved up there ass.

I have no problem with Mexicans being in our country. But they need to remember, they are here either as a guest or a citizen. Neither of those rolls allows for subverting the US flag to any other.

If I remember the story correctly. The following day, the flags were back on the pole but correctly placed based on the laws of the land. The store owner appologized.

No word on whether the Vet was charged with a crime

there was no crime, it was a american potecting his country. I wish there was alot more of people like him. I think they should not be able to fly that mex flag at all. a state flag yes , another countrys flag Hell no. While bush is worrying about overseas crap , there coming right in our front door and taking over. they are already aying to become a teacher or police man you have to know how to speak spanish. What kind of crap is that.

Burkerice07 said:

No one should be afraid to ever speak their mind, no matter what another person might say.

I had no issue with this vets actions at all, but the one thing that made me think a little was the Mexican flag ending up on the ground. Now how many of us pop a blood vessel every time some foreign yahoo burns or tramples our flag. Aren't we better than those asses?

If you give respect, you get respect.

-jeff

General Display

It is the universal custom to display the flag only from sunrise to sunset on buildings and on stationary flagstaffs in the open. However, when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness.

The flag should be hoisted briskly and lowered ceremoniously.

The flag should not be displayed on days when the weather is inclement, except when an all-weather flag is displayed.

The flag should be displayed daily, on or near the main administration building of every public institution…in or near every polling place on election days…during school days in or near every schoolhouse.

No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea…for personnel of the Navy…when the church pennant may be flown above the flag.

No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any territory or possession thereof: Provided, that nothing in this section shall make unlawful the continuance of the practice heretofore followed of displaying the flag of the United Nations in a position of superior prominence or honor, with that of the flag of the United States at the headquarters of the United Nations.

When flags of two or more nations are displayed, they are to be flown from separate staffs of the same height. The flags should be of approximately equal size. International usage forbids the display of the flag of one nation above that of another nation in time of peace.

When the flag of the United States is displayed from a staff projecting horizontally or at an angle from the window sill, balcony, or front of a building, the union of the flag should be placed at the peak of the staff unless the flag is at half-staff. When the flag is suspended over a sidewalk from a rope extending from a house to a pole at the edge of the sidewalk, the flag should be hoisted out, union first, from the building.

When displayed either horizontally or vertically against a wall, the union should be uppermost and to the flag’s own right, that is, to the observer’s left. When displayed in a window, the flag should be displayed in the same way, with the union or blue field to the left of the observer in the street.

When a flag is displayed over the middle of the street, it should be suspended vertically with the union to the north in an east-and-west street or to the east in a north-and-south street.

The flag should never:

touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water or merchandise;

be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled or damaged in any way;

be used as a covering for a ceiling;

have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature;

be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

He (the VetA) just gave he owner of the business some tough LOVE...

I see the place of anger that man came from. However I am quit certain that the store owner had no idea of flag etiquette. I doubt it was a conspiracy as Stick suggested. Take a Poll and see how many Americans know proper flag etiquette. Unless they served in the armed forces who would ? Most Americans can't tell you who the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is ! Ever watch the complete abject Morons that roam our streets and answer questions on Jay Leno ? This country is full of idiots that don't know Shit ! So yeah the store owner is dumb as a box of rocks.....The flag outside of the City Hall is torn and tatted and has been for 3 months. You just can't fix stupid guys. Immigrants ............ We all are unless you happen to be of Meso American decent ;) :D

TheSickness said:
I see the place of anger that man came from. However I am quit certain that the store owner had no idea of flag etiquette. I doubt it was a conspiracy as Stick suggested. Take a Poll and see how many Americans know proper flag etiquette. Unless they served in the armed forces who would ? Most Americans can't tell you who the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is ! Ever watch the complete abject Morons that roam our streets and answer questions on Jay Leno ? This country is full of idiots that don't know Shit ! So yeah the store owner is dumb as a box of rocks.....The flag outside of the City Hall is torn and tatted and has been for 3 months. You just can't fix stupid guys. Immigrants ............ We all are unless you happen to be of Meso American decent ;) :D

Very good mikey, you made me smile:)

I was always under the impression from many people that know far more than me, that there are absolutely no indigenous humans to the north and south Americas.... Many came by boats, the earlier humans walked over the ice from Asia to Alaska.

It doesn’t matter, and if we are willing to let another country over run us because they are ignorant, then maybe we are even more so.

MG42pillbox said:
I was always under the impression from many people that know far more than me, that there are absolutely no indigenous humans to the north and south Americas.... Many came by boats, the earlier humans walked over the ice from Asia to Alaska.

It doesn’t matter, and if we are willing to let another country over run us because they are ignorant, then maybe we are even more so.

Not meaning to insult you, but IMHO i think you are the one who is ignorant. Nobody is trying to take you over what you have. I bet if you lived in San Fransico, you would think that asian's are trying to take over. If you lived in Oakland you would think that black people are trying to take over. Its no surprise to me why you strongly imply mexcans are trying to take over since you live in the shitty part of phoenix. While I was going to school I stayed in phoenix for 2 years and I lived right 27th ave and indian school. I hated every day of it so I can understand your frustrations. However, once I moved back home all was great again. Perhaps you should move, You know the grass may be greener on the other side..

(not intending to start a debate, just some friendly 2 cents)

FerrariTruck said:
... I bet if you lived in San Fransico, you would think that asian's are trying to take over. ...

(not intending to start a debate, just some friendly 2 cents)

I thought we already had:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Lots of good comments here. Some really dumb and racist ones too...you can decide which group you are in...

Wonder what would have happened if the Vet had gone to the store owner and explained the error in the way the flags were displayed?

I wonder what would happen if we talked to Iran about building their nuclear power plants for them...

Love the comment about "no fear"...this is family, no one should be afraid to make any comment here...

TheSickness said:

I think mikey hit it on the head. Most of us bore Americans don't know much about our history. Legal immigrants know way more about the US than most of us do. They should give the immigration test to all HS grads before they graduate.

-jeff

jelms said:
I think mikey hit it on the head. Most of us bore Americans don't know much about our history. Legal immigrants know way more about the US than most of us do. They should give the immigration test to all HS grads before they graduate.

-jeff

....just make sure the test is in Spanish so they understand it...:(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back