What will Apple Say Today?

Prof

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very secretive routinely...what is going to be announced today?

Will it be a new product? Maybe a new technology?

Or will it be an enhancement to an existing product?

Innovation is one of the major components of turning our economy around...will this help?

Anyone see the 60 minutes piece on the Bloom Box???? Maybe a Bloom box in every house and in every car!!!

As always very secretive. I am hoping that they allow syncing without cables for the iPhone. I think there is a hack for us Jailbroken people but I have not looked yet.

I have alot of apple products, I still have my apple 2e dating my self. so far from what i have been reading apple does not use over seas workers and parts are made here in the us but then again you can't belive every thing you read. But if that is true of course it will be good for our economy. More companys need to follow suite. We should start taxing all the imports as they tax us heavily, stop tax breaks for moving jobs out of the country.

avmech said:
I have alot of apple products, I still have my apple 2e dating my self. so far from what i have been reading apple does not use over seas workers and parts are made here in the us but then again you can't belive every thing you read. But if that is true of course it will be good for our economy. More companys need to follow suite. We should start taxing all the imports as they tax us heavily, stop tax breaks for moving jobs out of the country.

lol all apple is made overseas....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn

http://www.tomshardware.com/s/news/foxconn/

the people who make shit for apple kill themselves because life sucks so bad for them. feel good yet?

Just heard speculation on CNBC that it might be some sort of streaming video movie app...competing with Net Flix...but just speculation.

The Bloom Box is being tested in some pretty heavy companies...if it is a new technology, it could change the world in a very short time in lots of ways...many great, but some with real downsides.

it is about the new apple tv and it is supposse to blow the slingbox out of the water. we'll see. I love my slingbox:rock:

Brat said:
What is this Bloom box of which you speek.:dontknow: :dontknow:
You have to check it out. It's wild new energy technology. Talking about making the grid obsolete. If it works like promised it will surely change everything.

I enjoy apple products, having a lot of them I think design and development are great. I just don't like apple :D especially steve jobs.

OCBob said:
You have to check it out. It's wild new energy technology. Talking about making the grid obsolete. If it works like promised it will surely change everything.
Might you have a link to this Bloom box?

Last edited:
OCBob said:

Here is the 60MINUTES vid of the Bloom Box....

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6228923n&tag=contentMain;contentBody

Steve is probably going to reveal a new little pocket item called the iMind. It's half the size of the Nano iPod, but has no screen. It has a small circular button like iPod, but it doesn't do anything. However you can push it and spin it as much as you want (hours of entertainment for most folks). .... No, this little hunny does nothing but sit in your pocket (and transfer all your thoughts and desires to Apple via constant wireless connection). But, you HAVE to have one to be cool! :toilet:

Black1 said:
Here is the 60MINUTES vid of the Bloom Box....

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6228923n&tag=contentMain;contentBody

Steve is probably going to reveal a new little pocket item called the iMind. It's half the size of the Nano iPod, but has no screen. It has a small circular button like iPod, but it doesn't do anything. However you can push it and spin it as much as you want (hours of entertainment for most folks). .... No, this little hunny does nothing but sit in your pocket (and transfer all your thoughts and desires to Apple via constant wireless connection). But, you HAVE to have one to be cool! :toilet:
I was hoping for the iSlut. ;)

I may well buy an Apple as my next desk top...never had one...but I do love the other Apple products I own!

Just got the iPad last week. My GF likes to read on the train into work everyday and actual books are just not easy to deal with. She had a kindle and it was great for the 2 months she had it before it broke. There is even a kindle app that allows her to read all the books she purchased from amazon.

The iPad is a great replacement for a laptop at home as well.

Prof said:
I may well buy an Apple as my next desk top...never had one...but I do love the other Apple products I own!

My folks had a MacBook Pro 17" laptop. They hated it... then the hard drive went out and they really hated it. They were going to throw it away! :eek: So, I kept it and put it on the shelf to be fixed some day.

Shortly after we moved back to MI, I started to look into getting a new HD for it. I found they were actually quite cheap! We found a 500GB unit brand new for $68! .... I figured, being an Apple product, it would have to be taken to a service center to be installed. :dontknow: I starting poking around the internetz and found they are EXTREMELY easy to work on! The only "special" tool I needed was a very small torx bit (6mm, IIRC). So, when the new HD came in the mail, I tore the laptop apart and installed the new drive. It was a SNAP. ..... Also, the OS for Apples are CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! I got OS-X Snow Leopard direct from Apple for $26! And it installed very easily. :rock:

Sarah uses it now to play around with her design stuff. She is in love with it. It's been about two months of constant use and we haven't had one single problem with it. :)

Good to know Jake...thanks for the input...(hear the new brighter and less dark Roy????)

I got Christine an Ipad too Scott and she loves it...and so do I at car shows!

Thanks Jake...for all your input.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back