What would it take??

1fast10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To get the mygig rer working in my truck and how to i remove the radio to see if I have the correct adapter for a lockpic....

I have and 06 with nav sat and uconnect

Attachments

• REC%20RADIO%20BACK2.jpg
    REC%20RADIO%20BACK2.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I have no clue on the mygig stuff. :dontknow:

SANTEEN said:
Dont worry about the connecter on the back of the radio, since the Mygig is a whole different radio.
Here's what you need. Very nice radio.

No link slick :D :dontknow:

Did you put the mygig in yours?

I just clicked the link........

walbert said:
Did you put the mygig in yours?

I just clicked the link........
I did. But, I didnt like the sound quality with my aftermarket amps. It sounded great with the factory amps, but the bass sounded a little muffled with the aftermarket amp. Which I could have fixed with a processor, but I didn't feel like spending the extra money at the time. But, I actually may go that route, because I really like all the other features of the MyGig. Wes, I actually had it in my truck, when I came by your house to get the intake.

SANTEEN said:
I did. But, I didnt like the sound quality with my aftermarket amps. It sounded great with the factory amps, but the bass sounded a little muffled with the aftermarket amp. Which I could have fixed with a processor, but I didn't feel like spending the extra money at the time. But, I actually may go that route, because I really like all the other features of the MyGig. Wes, I actually had it in my truck, when I came by your house to get the intake.

I have never seen how the mygig works. I actually like the way mine is now with the NavTV mods and the ipod. I just wish I had the uconnect.

walbert said:
I have never seen how the mygig works. I actually like the way mine is now with the NavTV mods and the ipod. I just wish I had the uconnect.
I'll make a deal with ya. I'll trade you everthing that you need to get your Ucoonect working (mirrror, harness and uconnect control unit), for your wheels or your B&B Catback?:D

SANTEEN said:
I'll make a deal with ya. I'll trade you everthing that you need to get your Ucoonect working (mirrror, harness and uconnect control unit), for your wheels or your B&B Catback?:D

no and no :D But would be interested in buying it.

Troy's QC SRT said:
What the heck is uconnect and mygig?
Uconnect is the handsfree phone system for chrysler, dodge and jeep. Mygig is the newer touchsreen/hardrive radio in the newer chrysler, dodge and jeep vehicles.

SANTEEN said:
Uconnect is the handsfree phone system for chrysler, dodge and jeep. Mygig is the newer touchsreen/hardrive radio in the newer chrysler, dodge and jeep vehicles.

Oh ok well how do you know if you ahve Uconnect or not? I know when I bought it Travis said it had factory uconnect......I think i want a whole new deck anyway so dont think i care too much about the Mygig......How much does the Mygig cost anyway?

Troy's QC SRT said:
Oh ok well how do you know if you ahve Uconnect or not? I know when I bought it Travis said it had factory uconnect

the rearview mirror has more buttons than just the auto dim. Not sure what the buttons are, Santeen might chime back in. I would think some kind of connect or something, and maybe some vents for a mic. :dontknow:

i believe i have the Uconnect mirror, can you check the options with the vin?

If Travis said it has it, them probably does. Look in the owners manual to see how to connect the phone.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back