What would you do???

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in a rush yesterday morning heading to a golf tournament (Byron Nelson). The truck had been caught in the rain earlier in the week and I needed a wash. So I pull into a carwash and ask for a hand wash, I was leary in the first place. So they do it, being in a rush I jump in my truck and take off.

Well this morning I pull the truck out to run some errands and now it is very sunny today. Yesterday was overcast when I jumped in the truck and I immediatly drove to underground parking. Well to make a long story short, they have put swirl marks ALL OVER my paint. This is nothing I can't fix myself but I like to think that I should not have to.

I know this is my fault for not washing the truck myself but for me to pay someone to fix the problem it will run $200-$300 (part of the way to boomer's lowering kit). Or take me 8-10 hours of my own time (which equates to more than $200-$300.....). I know of a very reputable detailer in the area, should I force them to pay him to fix my paint? They ARE NOT getting their hands even remotely close to it again.

Just looking for opinions, I guess I could also be an ass and go for a full blown paint job.

I personally would just bite the bullet and rub it out myself so I know it's right.

Not trying to be an ass, but at least for me when you go to a place like that you know you are taking a chance.

I know, I have been burnt before with other cars so I should have just driven it dirty. Still pisses me off.

Oh ya, I will post the name of the place after I finally get a hold of them and depending on their responses. So nobody else in the DFW will have the same issue. Black is awesome, cept when something like this happens. Half my neighbours wouldn't even know what the hell I was talking about.

I would find a very reputable detailer and have him come to your house and do the job. Tell him you just need the outside done should be around 150-200. Here in AZ the water is horrible so a car wash is the best option. Only go to same place, tip the guy well. they know me and I trust them. Plus I told the guy, I would &**^^%$&*(^$%%#&*(%($^#*, if he scratched my truck.

Not being a jerk, but the old rule of thumb..."You get what you pay for"

Better to drive it dirty

How could you trust them to do it right ? No, go back, get your money back and pick up a case a of beer. :D

Then, I would post up a bad review on the local City Search. Fix the paint by myself or by a reputable detailer. Never go the cheap easy route ever again ;)

Just had a set of tires put on and the sack of sh*t working the impact wrench got careless and dinged two of my wheels. Got my money back for the install but it still pisses me off. The owner tried to say the gouges were there before, but after I pointed out my wheels have never been curbed. There's no door dings and I know every inch of my truck, he offered my money back. Sorry you had to go through this. I don't trust anyone any more. :mad:

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... you took yer truck where.....?..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

D

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... you took yer..................................................... truck ......where.....?..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

D

Silverback said:
I personally would just bite the bullet and rub it out myself so I know it's right.

Not trying to be an ass, but at least for me when you go to a place like that you know you are taking a chance.

Best advice right there. I had a similar problem with a car wash. I had taken several vehicles there and they did a shoddy job on my truck one day. Now, being a repeat customer I informed the owner that I was unhappy. He quickly got defensive and started raising his voice. So my response was, you're going to turn away a repeat customer over 30 dollars? He'll dig his own grave and so will the car wash you used. I shouldn't have even argued with him. I can't get that time back.

Good customer service is a thing of the past. If you can afford this truck than you can afford to just let it go. In the end you'll be the only one stressed out about it.

Ya, stopped by today to bust their balls a little. It's really more of the principle than the money, just pisses me off.

The owner (Flagship CarWash, Irving, TX BEWARE) denied it of course and talked about a black corvette they just finished. Luckily it was still sitting around the corner so I walked over and showed him the same swirls on that car. I was having a lot of fun at this point....I then happily offered to wait around and show those marks to the vette owner. How things changed then, he quickly refunded my money and offered to polish it to get me out of there. (It was actually a very enjoyable experience to watch him squirm after I showed him the vette that HE pointed out to me). I took my refund but told him he would never lay hands on my truck again.

Ah well, guess I just planned my weekend (polish, glaze, 3 coats carnauba).

I was thinking of making a bbb complaint, what do you guys think? I know it's really just busting their chops at this point but I am sorta turning this into a game???? :)

who leaves swirl marks anymore? even the crap at pep boys doesn't leave swirl marks!

yea you're right to never go there again!

harrisb said:
Ya, stopped by today to bust their balls a little. It's really more of the principle than the money, just pisses me off.

The owner (Flagship CarWash, Irving, TX BEWARE) denied it of course and talked about a black corvette they just finished. Luckily it was still sitting around the corner so I walked over and showed him the same swirls on that car. I was having a lot of fun at this point....I then happily offered to wait around and show those marks to the vette owner. How things changed then, he quickly refunded my money and offered to polish it to get me out of there. (It was actually a very enjoyable experience to watch him squirm after I showed him the vette that HE pointed out to me). I took my refund but told him he would never lay hands on my truck again.

Ah well, guess I just planned my weekend (polish, glaze, 3 coats carnauba).

I was thinking of making a bbb complaint, what do you guys think? I know it's really just busting their chops at this point but I am sorta turning this into a game???? :)

If this game of spite is useful for your recovery process, then have at it..... You might even crank it up a notch by picketing the place with a big sign that says, "Look what they did to my truck!!!!!!!!!!".....

Personally, I'd chalk it up to experience.....

This happened to me with my new '93 Mustang (black),,, The owner was very friendly when I first showed up and gave me some free stuff.... I went here for months.... (hand wash) until I discovered some scratches..... (some dickhead thought it was ok to clean the bottom of the car and thus transfer the dirt into my paint on the side panels).... The owner (a foreign fella) went fkn ballistic when I complained.......

Just let it go and visit the F WORD thread for a bit of therapy...

And don't go to those kinds'a places any more......

Django

but it's sooo much fun at this point......I'll most likely just leave it alone but I did end up getting a grin out of it at least.

harrisb said:
but it's sooo much fun at this point......I'll most likely just leave it alone but I did end up getting a grin out of it at least.

:D -----------------------:rock: ------------------------:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back