What year motors are interchangeable

BigRed460

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or are they all the same '04 '05 '06????????????????????

Are you meaning between just the trucks, or including the cars? The motor from my understanding should be the same no matter the application. They just have there accessories package different, but yanking one from a 06 viper to put in say an 04 viper truck shouldnt be any problem.

The motor didnt change until the 5th gen vipers came out.

You can't put a 04 engine in a 05-06 truck. The 04 engine doesn't have knock sensors.;)

05-06 only will work for you. Keeping my eyes open for a long block and will let you know if I see anything.

Three variations:
05/06 Quad cabs
03/04 viper car and 04 rc
05/06 viper car and rc

You can use any of them bud. If you find an 03/04 you won't have knock sensors( not helping anyways) and you simply extend your crank position sensor wires to the bellhousing area.

Are you meaning between just the trucks, or including the cars? The motor from my understanding should be the same no matter the application. They just have there accessories package different, but yanking one from a 06 viper to put in say an 04 viper truck shouldnt be any problem.

The motor didnt change until the 5th gen vipers came out.

The 3rd Gen and 4th Gen are VERY different, they're not even the same displacement!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back