whats a good engine build consist of?

At minimum I woud do good rods/pistons, gen 4 main bearings, and hardened pushrods. With a Paxton since it cant flow much beyond 700whp, I would skip the head porting, and you wont need a cam for 650whp with a good tune.
Justin

i want to be in the neighborhood of 650-700 hp range..as far as boost goes idk. i would say however much would get me up there. Does anyone have specific links to where i can find rods, pistons, and rings. im trying to find them on my own but dont know much about the viper motor so i dont want to waste my money and buy the wrong thing. any and all advice is would help me out!

One thing that needs to be addressed is the fact that forged pistons, while stronger, do not have the longevity of cast pistons. Forged pistons have to heat up and expand to fit and they wear out the cylinder walls while cold from what I understand.

Honestly guys this is a bit beyond me as far as specific info goes so if anyone else with more experience in building motors wants to dive in than please do as I would appreciate learning more about this as well.

i want to be in the neighborhood of 650-700 hp range..as far as boost goes idk. i would say however much would get me up there. Does anyone have specific links to where i can find rods, pistons, and rings. im trying to find them on my own but dont know much about the viper motor so i dont want to waste my money and buy the wrong thing. any and all advice is would help me out!

Send Justin a PM JMB Performance.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back