What's it sound like?

jerew65

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a sound clip or input of what an RC sounds like with no muffler but leaving the 4 cat's on:dontknow:

jerew65 said:
Does anyone have a sound clip or input of what an RC sounds like with no muffler but leaving the 4 cat's on:dontknow:

yep, ..... just think of a UPS truck and a civic mixed together at high RPM and poping all over the place...

VIPER said:
yep, ..... just think of a UPS truck and a civic mixed together at high RPM and poping all over the place...

"X" pipe in place of the muffler will fix that!

oh - with leaving the cats "on" - i read it wrong.... sorry

yes - i didnt like it, it was very raspy for me

What do you guys think of this.... Stock exhaust maifold,Stock 1st set of cats,repace second set with a straight trough racing muffler(inspection requires a muffler(s) and cats), then an x-pipe were the stock muffler is now.. huh huh

The sound clip didnt work.
I know it will be somewhat louder but having all 4 cats on wont tame it a bit?

You will probably do it anyway, BUT I am sure you will put a muffler back on there. I did the exact thing. Cut out the stock muffler and welded back in pipe. The bitch was loud ass hell and the very next day I had an XLERATOR muffler put on. Dual in and dual out with a built in X pipe with straight through hi flo. It sounds really good for just a muffler replacement. Funny , last weekend I went to a car show and there was a guy there with a black 04 with the same exact muffler and he loves it too.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back