So I've done the following...
  • CAI and Catch can (jmb)
  • Cat-less Mids (jmb)
  • Magnaflow
  • SCT tune (Roe)
  • NGK plugs
  • 170* stat
  • lowered the rear (leveled the truck)
Is there anything left to squeeze a bit more power from this truck without going inside? :dontknow: Is there a local tuner with a dyno???
I might consider nitrous but not yet... I don't want to be TOO much like Brat...:p
I have a (jmb) line lock but haven't installed it yet. I just put brand new tire on it. AMAZING how smooth the ride is compared to slicks all around...:dontknow:

Last edited:
The Itch said:
So I've done the following...
  • CAI and Catch can (jmb)
  • Cat-less Mids (jmb)
  • Magnaflow
  • SCT tune (Roe)
  • NGK plugs
  • lowered the rear (leveled the truck)
Is there anything left to squeeze a bit more power from this truck without going inside? :dontknow: Is there a local tuner with a dyno???
I might consider nitrous but not yet... I don't want to be TOO much like Brat...:p
I have a (jmb) line lock but haven't installed it yet. I just put brand new tire on it. AMAZING how smooth the ride is compared to slicks all around...:dontknow:

STRIKERS (Aftermarket Heads) or o.e.m. porting.
Maybe headers but I haven't found the need.

Last edited:
LoveThisTruck said:
Great minds think alike. Just think Liebitz and Issac Newton both invented the Calculus at the same time in tdifferent parts of the world:D

Paint it Black ;

I haven't heard anyone say they have made gains with headers. So I stayed away from them. :dontknow: If I went with headers I would have to go with stock replacements (shortys). Does anyone think they would increase speed (top or bottom)?:dontknow:

I like the way the truck sounds now and wouldn't want it any louder.:rock: :rock: :rock:

I'm going to go with a meth kit from Roe. I'll be able to run a more aggressive tune on pump gas. I also got a trans shift kit from Stinker that should be installed by the end of the week.

labontecsi said:
I'm going to go with a meth kit from Roe. I'll be able to run a more aggressive tune on pump gas. I also got a trans shift kit from Stinker that should be installed by the end of the week.

I was curious if I could use meth on a basically stock set up and if it would make a difference.:confused:

labontecsi said:

+1 :rock: :rock:

The Itch said:
I was curious if I could use meth on a basically stock set up and if it would make a difference.:confused:

Think of meth as a power keeper and not a power adder. Colder air means more power available. With Meth you just lose less power when it is hot outside. The gains will not be large like on a FI setup but you will be able to advance the timing a little more.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back