What's the diffence in Headers

thats the info that i been needing about the headers,
I live in atlanta GA, and some countys are diffrent then others but where i live you don't have to go thru emissions so the cats are gone. if i can find a really good deal i'd love to own a set of B&Bs or BELANGERS, if not I won't be disapointed with a really good set of shortys ( not gibsons ) but my goal is to get the headers & exhuast, sct tuner, cams, rods, pistons, short throw shifter & roe supercharger!!!
i'm not trying to get 1000 hp or nothing like that but 750-800hp sure would be nice!
i can't go out an buy it all today, but i'd sure like to but something

1badnightrunner said:
...but my goal is to get the headers & exhuast, sct tuner, cams, rods, pistons, short throw shifter & roe supercharger!!!
i'm not trying to get 1000 hp or nothing like that but 750-800hp sure would be nice!
i can't go out an buy it all today, but i'd sure like to but something

Better be thinking about traction too!

I have the engine you have as your goal. Roe Twin Screw, meth injection, Vec III, mopar long tube, cat delete, Magna Flow, XMetal Gen IV shifter, with Diamond Pistons, Oliver Rods, balanced and coated, chrome moly push rods and a few other mods.

My drive line has the Stinker Rear End with Detroit Locker, 4.56 ratio, cryoed
gears, 35 spline Strange axels, Wilwood calipers and discs, Caltracs, a drive shaft loop from Moe's Performance and a set of M&H 16 inch slicks on the wall.

Traction is still an issue.

Plan you work, work your plan...but most importantly begin with the end in mind. I want the quickest and strongest 14 second truck in the country.:D

Prof said:
Plan you work, work your plan...but most importantly begin with the end in mind. I want the quickest and strongest 14 second truck in the country.:D

and he forgot one of the mot expensive to build ;)
he's got extras like no ones business :rock:

hey roy when your done building your truck you could always build the rest of mine hehehe :marchmellow:

I'm going to jump in on this one and jump out
1: headers... yeah they're cool... yeah they sound great... yeah they add a little more power... yeah they're like 2K installed <unless u go gibsons>
2: you guys switched gears and started talkin b&b exhaust... and I've heard the b&b exhaust guess what... you're right it sounds badass... but when the guts got puked outa it and b&b didn't stand behind it... I'd have to rethink buying b&b.

I didn't buy a catback system for my NR... I did a 3 1/2 front to back no cats .. with a magnaflow muffler that RPM did for me (RPM are the ones that did FSTJACKS truck) bam 1000 bucks... it sounds GREAT

ok ok... so now you say... but ryan... the tank's got over 1,000 horsepower ... of COURSE b&b wouldn't back it up & of COURSE it blew.... well i have the dynos on the tank... and even with the big shot of nitrous it was putting down 862 to the wheels... <which I find a little strange... but that's what the dyno says>.... I believe the tank puts out about 680 give or take without the bottle...

I dunno wtf is in the tank now ' i lost track... had borla... had slowmaster... had b&b... now it has some ubahloud glass pack soundin thing in it....

do yourself a favor... spend the $$$ on go fast mods first... at one point u said ur goal was what 750-800?? far as I'm concerned you'd be making a mistake buying the b&b....

I woulda bought the b&b for my NR... I didn't care about the $$$... that wasn't the point...

anyway... I've ranted about b&b before... so I'll stop now...

btw... headers??? yeah pretty much go with the bellangers man... the mopars are pretty cool as well..... although I coulda swore I saw jack say bassani's were better for F/I... I trust anything jack says... but I don't think I ever saw why he liked the bassani's better for F/I...

good luck either way :>

thanks tidnab, GOTRIDOFTHEHEMIFORTHIS is gonna let me work something out with his ( bellangers headers & mid pipes )
so after i get him paid all his $$$ I have to find the rest of the exhuast
DAMM IT I CAN'T WAIT TO SPEND $2k "I CAN'T WAIT"

Last edited:
1badnightrunner said:
thanks tidnab, GOTRIDOFTHEHEMIFORTHIS is gonna let me work something out with his ( bellangers headers & mid pipes )
so after i get him paid all his $$$ I have to find the rest of the exhuast
DAMM IT I CAN'T WAIT TO SPEND $2k "I CAN'T WAIT"

def not making a mistake bo, for me .......the Long tubes are the only way to go, I am jsut not a fan of the shorties;)

I feel if ya got shorties............they should be installed reverse, and hold up turbos:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back