Whats the wing made of?

Psycho Mythic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of trading my daytona wing for an 04 stocker wing, but it will need to be modified...what are the stock 04 wings made of?

Psycho Mythic said:
Lol wtf iz that posed to be? :D

Well, it was used in two movies....

The Core and Avitar

Be careful, if you are planning on cutting it in half.... ALL of the modified one's I've seen have cracked. The wing flexes quite a bit under normal use. You will have to beef it up A LOT if you chop the center out of it. ;)

Black1 said:
Be careful, if you are planning on cutting it in half.... ALL of the modified one's I've seen have cracked. The wing flexes quite a bit under normal use. You will have to beef it up A LOT if you chop the center out of it. ;)

Thanks for the tip, I'm wondering if it would be better to cut it closer to the side :dontknow:

Psycho Mythic said:
Thanks for the tip, I'm wondering if it would be better to cut it closer to the side :dontknow:

I think it has to do with the wing flexing under certain conditions (bumps, wind buffeting, etc). I'm not sure if making the seam closer to the sides would help or not. :dontknow: I think, if you cut it in the center, then beefed it up real good (extra layers... maybe some kind of foam or wood core)... you might have success with it. :dontknow:

I have been in a truck and at over about 90 mph the wing takes a tremendous beating.
As the speed increases from there the wing moves up and down at least 3 inches.
The movement is very fast and very radical.
The loads on the wing are very high.

Get an '06 wing with center support.

Attachments

• wing.jpg
    wing.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
FSTJACK said:
I have been in a truck and at over about 90 mph the wing takes a tremendous beating.
As the speed increases from there the wing moves up and down at least 3 inches.
The movement is very fast and very radical.
The loads on the wing are very high.
This is what i worry about, i really think cutting it as close to the side as i can would be the best bet...and much strengthening of course...

WOT said:
Get an '06 wing with center support.

Black1 said:
I agree... if it fits. I believe the '06 wing would create more downforce as well (at least, it looks like it should :confused: :eek: ).

I just dont like the look of the oem 06 wing...i know its much better to have that support, but i LOVE the 04 wing...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back