what's this wire....

gblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aloha..

This ground wire started smoking and melted when I tried to start my truck the other day. I disconnected it and my truck runs great...it looks to be black and light green or blue......

what's this wire?

Mahalo from Maui

Attachments

• IMG_3130.jpg
    IMG_3130.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 101
Due to the terminal on the end, appears to be a ground wire. Without looking at the schismatics, not sure what it goes to.

hard to say what it is but since you removed the paxton i would check all the wiring that was spliced. Then go over all the ground cables and make sure they are tight. esp the neg coming off the battery. to the frame

wire

it IS a ground wire and looks to be a part of the factory wiring harness...
my starter turns the engine over much faster since it's been disconnected..

how strange is that?
also my truck seems to run much better!!!!!!!

what's that wire????

gregg

im lookin in the service manual but i faintly recall that ground splice point might be for the o2 sensors. this could explain why perhaps the truck runs better now. Ill keep looking and help find the answer

ok cant say for sure since service manual is not exactly for SRT 10 but looks to be ground #ground 107

could be bank 1 o2 sensor upstream black/light green

or

bank 1 o2 sensor downstream black/light blue

Greg if you a scanner availble try running it and see if you pull some codes. hopefully will get us in the right direction.

also possible it could be the ground wire coming from the instrument cluster since it has the same color

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back