Whats up with this exhaust system?

Well it's not stock. I haven't seen that configuration before but may be a modification of a european stock exhaust.

Nope it's ain't stock, well.... maybe the motor, but the exhaust is aftermarket and has cut-outs as he is opening them and closing them if you can hear it, as well he is saying in German when he is doing so. I can't believe how small a pipe it is though. Looks like 2" maybe 2 1/2"? My 3" looks huge compared to that??:dontknow:

I stand corrected!! I didn't look closely at the pics, but that's very wierd how they ran that. However, I can't really tell when he opens it, or at least it doesn't sound any different, to me at least. Wierd.. :dontknow:

I think the cutouts are in the H-pipe that crosses over the driveline. Then if you look at the rear of the car by the back bumper you'll see two pipe pointing pretty much straight down. With a good audio system and paying attention when he says open which is Geoffnet and closed shich is Geschlossen in German you can hear.:D You can hear the hollow efect when closed and more an exotic sound when open. 20 seconds in they are closed , 30 seconds in he opens them and you can easily hear the diff. Closed sounds like a hard rush of air blowing and open has the exotic tone. He then takes off with them closed and it sounds like a turbo just blowing air out the exhuast , like a whoosh. Then he takes off with them open and Growl!

Last edited:
Yeah, that is a trip how they did that. (run the exhaust over the driveline and then have it pointing straight down) I've watched this thing 5 different times and still can't tell. lol oh well, I trust you! I think that's a ton of work to do for cutouts and very little difference in sound, but to each his own. :dontknow:

You'd have to hear a car or truck with cut-outs to understand. They do make a hell of a difference. NOt neccesarily power wise but rather exhuast note and tone. It basically let's half go through the muffler and half stright out the pipe.

VENOMOUS1 said:
You'd have to hear a car or truck with cut-outs to understand. They do make a hell of a difference. NOt neccesarily power wise but rather exhuast note and tone. It basically let's half go through the muffler and half stright out the pipe.

The thing is, is that I have heard them before and seen them before. Usually though they "cut out" right behind the headers and dump straight out. Not go through a whole lotta shit (like going over the driveline) to get out, if you know what I mean. It just doesn't make any sense as to why he would do it like this. I guess that's what this thread is all about! :burnout:

exguast

man i love your true dual pipes and damn that sounds good.....something about those dual split pipes that give you that extra roar...how is your setup because i know we got that spare tire underneath..how did you manage to get the pipes coming straight back......

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back