Whats with this?

dodgeboy16

Reaction score
I've been having trouble with a clunking noise when I shift gears mostly 2 to 3. So I take it to the Dealership for the umpteenth time and the Tech. seems to think it's the U-Joints. He wants to change the U-Joints and Drive Shaft. GUESS WHAT the Drive Shaft has been discontinued, How Th e F*&^ can the Drive Shaft be Discontinued. I come home and research it a little and sure enough Drive Shafts for RC SRT-10s are history and none exsist anywhere in the USA. How much more is history on my SRT-10. I am going to call Chrysler on Monday and raise hell because that part is under warranty and needs to be replaced. Lets see how they want to replace it.

Jack

Drive shaft and u joint likely won't cause a 2-3 shift issue without any other symptoms. Vibrations at a certain mph is more common. If there is no visible damage to the ds, and no traumatic incident I would discount the diagnosis. You can have the balance on the ds checked and have any other shop give the joints a good visual inspection. It sounds shady.

More likely to be a trans or clutch issue.

Drive shaft and u joint likely won't cause a 2-3 shift issue without any other symptoms. Vibrations at a certain mph is more common. If there is no visible damage to the ds, and no traumatic incident I would discount the diagnosis. You can have the balance on the ds checked and have any other shop give the joints a good visual inspection. It sounds shady.

Yep....

Thanks for the input. The point I was trying to make was that there are parts on our SRT-10s that are already not available. Plus I have a Chrysler Warranty that Warrants that Part. I also thought that parts were to be available by law.

Jack

any good drive shaft shop can spin it up & check balance, run out & twist.

couple of fresh J's & your ready to rock & also roll:rock:

or if it came down to bein the drive shaft, they would just have it repaired or build a new one

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. The point I was trying to make was that there are parts on our SRT-10s that are already not available. Plus I have a Chrysler Warranty that Warrants that Part. I also thought that parts were to be available by law.

Jack

They do not have to provide there own original equipment part. They can offer a comparable replacement. In this case, if they truely diagnosed a defective driveshaft, and they no longer offer them, they would have to have one contracted out to be made and it would carry the same warranty as the oe replacement would. Not uncommon,

Thanks for the input. The point I was trying to make was that there are parts on our SRT-10s that are already not available. Plus I have a Chrysler Warranty that Warrants that Part.:chain: I also thought that parts were to be available by law.:chain:

Jack

i have always been told that its a "curtsey/unwritin rule" for them to shoot for 10 years:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back