whats wrong with this truck?

i dont think that is a 23k truck scoob hell it looks like its only a 2 wd and its a manual and its got 117 miles i think its fair but i dont think its a steal!!!!!

I think it's a descent price. and remember. they aren't losing money on it. There are repos, salvages, and just people that get robbed by dealers. I agree with Dom, It's prolly a 2wd. and the mileage is fair for a deisel, but they've cut on the bed, scratched the tailgate to hell, and there's no interior other than seats.

If it doesn't have carpet the SOB prolly doesn't have a radio or speakers either

SD2005Dustin said:
I think it's a descent price. and remember. they aren't losing money on it. There are repos, salvages, and just people that get robbed by dealers. I agree with Dom, It's prolly a 2wd. and the mileage is fair for a deisel, but they've cut on the bed, scratched the tailgate to hell, and there's no interior other than seats.

Agreed... that is a fair price for a 2wd w/ the mileage and options.

SD2005Dustin said:
If it doesn't have carpet the SOB prolly doesn't have a radio or speakers either

Not too sure.... It's probably just a base model. Carpeting was an option, but I think they all had stereos unless it was a special fleet order. :dontknow:

EDIT: It has a radio... seeeeeee? lol ;)

2902440_82fb9608-777a-40c2-bd44-e9118712b404.jpg

... But, it also has a 5th wheel hitch in the bed. BEWARE of that. If it was hauling something heavy for a living on a 5th wheel hitch, chances are you could be putting money in a new rearend or certainly a clutch soon.

Last edited:
It looks like a base model, prob the reason for no carpet and base radio. But it has the good wheels. It's a 06 so it's a 5.9 and it has a new venture 5600 tranny. It has a goose neck hitch in the bed not a 5th wheel, really not a big deal. Not a bad price, and the miles aren't bad either

its a base model truck, nothing at all wrong or missing from the pics, pretty clean truck overall. the tail gate looks like mine, if you use a tarp or something. it looks like a farm truck.

That truck was bought to tow with a goose neck its stripped, no power windows and stick ..i deal with alot of car transporters those trucks all are the same very basic. Hard life constantly towing a 3 car wedge trailer. . Plus most roll the miles back ive repoed 2008 with over 200k so just be carefull

i am going to rip the engine out when i get it home anyhow. strip it, have new rings ect put in, all seals changed, new clutch, new fluids. all the seats will be ripped out and a leather drivers seat put in. bed on pass side, enclosed with twin lcd monitors, full PC, more gauges and switches then the space shuttle
outside, undercoat, spray in bed liner, twin alts, home made LED lights, tube steps, deer bumper, oversize load signs, and stickers. i will basically be living in this thing for 5-8 years.

i would hold off for a couple more thousand dollars you can find one with a better interior,and an automatic,being its in atlanta tx its a good chance that ball hitch was pulling a cow or horse trailer ,,,;)

Ironhead said:
i would hold off for a couple more thousand dollars you can find one with a better interior,and an automatic,being its in atlanta tx its a good chance that ball hitch was pulling a cow or horse trailer ,,,;)

manual only.

I think it it relatively fair. it is a basic dodge diesel work truck. my buddy runs a construction business and they have toms of those just like it but white. same exact options

REPOMAN1 said:
That truck was bought to tow with a goose neck its stripped, no power windows and stick ..i deal with alot of car transporters those trucks all are the same very basic. Hard life constantly towing a 3 car wedge trailer. . Plus most roll the miles back ive repoed 2008 with over 200k so just be carefull

I know they can roll the odometer back,but isn't the real miles locked in the pcm? Could be a hot shotter or a farmer.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back