Wheel Bearings cost

Azmal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah it's been years since I've been here; feels rather nostalgic. I miss it a bit. I've just stayed busy with work.

Anyway, to the point of my return, I have a couple wheel bearings going out, there is a little better than 1/4" of play in the front wheels. The guy at the shop said it would be something over $700 to replace them with $150 or there abouts being for labor.... I haven't been able to find any SRT specific bearings online but I'm thinking that is a bit much.

Anyone have some experience with this?

I replaced mine with Timken Hub assembly from there. Pretty damn good product, and cheap. Pretty simple install for the front.

Normal 1500 bearings are what is needed, just changed mine out. Advance sells Moog's for $200 each, which is definately the way to go. I have tried multiple other brands, each failed very quickly.

I don't think you want to mess with replacing just the bearing, it's not like a trailer or some other simple "press-in" job. I always heard you have to replace the hub assembly as a unit. I just replaced my hub assemblies with Timken and I got them from Amazon. They are currently selling for only $121 with free shipping, the price is unbeatable. Just go to Timken's website, find the part number, and put it into Amazon. The parts I got were original Timkens and have worked perfectly. There's only 3 bolts holding them in, I did it in my garage in 10 minutes. So can you!

Ah it's been years since I've been here; feels rather nostalgic. I miss it a bit. I've just stayed busy with work.

Anyway, to the point of my return, I have a couple wheel bearings going out, there is a little better than 1/4" of play in the front wheels. The guy at the shop said it would be something over $700 to replace them with $150 or there abouts being for labor.... I haven't been able to find any SRT specific bearings online but I'm thinking that is a bit much.

Anyone have some experience with this?

About $125 or so from your local parts place :)
I can install them far cheaper than that so if you're in Waco give me a shout :D

I just picked up a pair for $220 from RockAuto, they're Timkin's and from the research I've done the way to go. Mine got here today so I'm making the switch this weekend. Should take longer taking the wheels and calipers off than switching the hubs.

I just picked up a pair for $220 from RockAuto, they're Timkin's and from the research I've done the way to go. Mine got here today so I'm making the switch this weekend. Should take longer taking the wheels and calipers off than switching the hubs.
$220 for the pair? that sounds like the best price yet Was it this one?
More Information for TIMKEN SP500100
It's listed at 124.79

Actually I just went ahead with it. It was 250 shipped with the discount code. I person can spend all day trying to pinch a few more pennies and lose valuable time in the process lol

Thanks for the help guys

About $125 or so from your local parts place :)
I can install them far cheaper than that so if you're in Waco give me a shout :D

I definitely would but I'm about an hour away and I have no idea when I'll be up that way again. Plus I would have to guess it's not a great idea to drive on these worn bearings too much more.

Hey im a lil new to the site. I have a 06 QC night runner. My front hub bearing is gone. Do our trucks use same as regular 1500?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back