Wheel Weight Adhesive Removal ?

FastRam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today, I took the truck in for some service work and I found out I had a small nail in my RR Pirelli. A local tire shop fixed the tire. In order to rebalance the tire/wheel, they removed several stick on weights. What can I use to safely remove the adhesive residue from the aluminum without messing up the wheel?

We use the pin stripe removal eraser on a die grinder and a little brake clean, on customer cars.

Three M sells an adhesive remover, my wife developed the product years ago. I have a five gallon pail...but that probably won't help you much.

Use the 3M product (or Griot's Garage has the same thing in a small bottle). The base ingredient is a citrus extract.

Apply the product to the adhesive, let it sit for a couple of minutes then a little elbow grease with a shop towel...the chemical also works very well when de-badging.

Prof said:
Three M sells an adhesive remover, my wife developed the product years ago. I have a five gallon pail...but that probably won't help you much.

Use the 3M product (or Griot's Garage has the same thing in a small bottle). The base ingredient is a citrus extract.

Apply the product to the adhesive, let it sit for a couple of minutes then a little elbow grease with a shop towel...the chemical also works very well when de-badging.

Thanks Prof. Do you have a 3M part number handy? I'll look at Griot's as well.

The 3M product is 6040 "Citrus Based Adhesive Remover"...

6040.jpg

I just use Goo Gone. :dontknow: :eek:

200.jpg

WD40 works great too and you probably already have some.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back