Where the hell is the lug key stored???

kennygene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas, I've had my truck for about a year and a half or so. I was snooping through it this evening looking for the lug key and can't seam to find it.:dontknow: Does anybody know where it is stored from the factory?
I'm gonna need it in the next year or so since I have the stock tires and 13k miles.

Mine was in the glove box. But I guess it could be in any of the storage areas in the truck. Maybe with the tire iron and jack under the passenger seat (RC). If you can't find it, any competent tire shop should be able to get them off.

Well, I guess mine is gone. Ilooked in the glove box and removed the jack/crap bag and nothing there either. Is there a vendor who could sell me one?

kennygene said:
Well, I guess mine is gone. Ilooked in the glove box and removed the jack/crap bag and nothing there either. Is there a vendor who could sell me one?
Yeah, if you have the magic number. You'll need to know who manufactured them and the key number to order a new one. If that info isn't in the truck I think you're out of luck.

Be sure to check all the cubbies in the truck. Under the front center seat, door pockets, back seat map pocket, check everything.

Mine was zip tied by the jack under my passnger
Seat

I checked the ash tray, not there but good idea. Damn, I feel like I'm a kid again lookin for the hidden Christmas Gifts.

So I've looked in this truck about ten times and removed the jack and all that shit (which is damn near impossible to get wrapped and put back correctly), to find nothing. My wife just casually walks downstairs to the garage and finds it in the glove box.
I have looked in the damn glove box over and over, even had the owner's manual when I was putting the crappy jack mess back in the truck. I guess I'm pissed and happy as hell all at the same time.
She's giving me total hell now for this one. I think everybody here owes me a good one...let's hear it...

LMAO...thats how it always happen! remember...your eyes see what you tell it to...in other words you told yourself that it wasn't in their already so when u looked....you didn't see it!

Glad you found..........your wife found it.

Bwahahahahahahhahaha...........

She had it the whole time trying to drive you crazy.

FYI...I got 2 replacement keys from the manufacturer. I took a pic of the lock nut and emailed it to them. There is only a few different keys. They mailed it to me in 4 days.
Oh...almost forgot...BLIND BIOCH...LOL

Yep, turning into a good bashing thread...LOL

kennygene said:
So I've looked in this truck about ten times and removed the jack and all that shit (which is damn near impossible to get wrapped and put back correctly), to find nothing. My wife just casually walks downstairs to the garage and finds it in the glove box.
I have looked in the damn glove box over and over, even had the owner's manual when I was putting the crappy jack mess back in the truck. I guess I'm pissed and happy as hell all at the same time.
She's giving me total hell now for this one. I think everybody here owes me a good one...let's hear it...

Been there about a thousand times...good thing my wife does not keep score!

I knew she'd do that shit...I usually overlook things but not with my Viper Truck?

10banger said:
Did you check the glove box. LMFAO:D :p :aetsch:

It would have been easier to tell the guys on the forum that you found it under the spare tire or something :dontknow:

Yeh, I should have thought of that or maybe even my wife found it in my girlfriend's car or something cool but I'm a dumbass and confessed.:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back