Which is the safest to go with?

Sithor

Reaction score
Well since I can't seem to get enough for my truck for trade-in I might as well keep it. I'm thinking of modding it but I want to keep my engine together. Is nitrous, Paxton, or the STS the safest to go with? I keep hearing good things about the ZEX kit for our trucks. How are guys doing with the Paxton? I've already heard a few engine failures with the STS. So what's the best power adder for our trucks instead of little things like exhaust and air intakes.

Paxton for constant and reliable power.
Nitrous for a cheap and once-in-a-while power.
The STS should be the last choice. Only FlyingLow has a functional system that I am aware of.

Either way you should try to hook up with a good tuner first to make sure you get a good install and service.

For forced induction you can't beat the Paxton right now. Boomer installed mine and after 20,000 miles its all still together. Nowwhat on here is close to 700 rwhp with his Paxton but he's pushing the limit of the stock motor. If you don't want to even think about hurting the engine, stay around 600hp. Tuning is very important with any forced induction. Get someone knowledgable to tune it and you won't have any problems. Its all in the tune.

I wouldn't have a STS if it was given to me for free. Stay away from it at all costs.

As the others have said, the Paxton is the most reliable out there now for our trucks. There are a couple turbo systems, but you really need access to a tuner as soon as the system is installed.

Nitrous? To me it's cheap HP, but if anything goes wrong with a silonoid or plugged nozzle your engine is toast. I personally do not like nitrous.

Good luck on your choice.

Perhaps I have missed it on another thread, but what is the anticpated date we can start seeing Roe's new twin-screw? Aside from calling up and bugging Roe, does anyone have any info on it? Availablity? Hp gains over stock? Cost? Comparison in gains between it and Paxton?

Greg

fun2xlr8 said:
Perhaps I have missed it on another thread, but what is the anticpated date we can start seeing Roe's new twin-screw? Aside from calling up and bugging Roe, does anyone have any info on it? Availablity? Hp gains over stock? Cost? Comparison in gains between it and Paxton?

Greg

Cost for Roe I posted somewhere on this forum. Comparable to Paxton.
Gains, you will have to ask Sean or Dave.
A few have seen the dynos but they don't want it posted on here (at least not yet). However, very good numbers.

I live less than 4 hours away from Roe. If I lived closer to Boomer, I would already have a Paxton installed. Having Dave and Sean close by for any problems and for proper tuning is my deciding factor.

The looks with a top mount will be different than the Paxton.

By Nats next year, several will have the Roe SC. We can have a Paxton vs Roe SC run-off! Plus, Boomer wants revenge for his loss this year.

Last edited:
fun2xlr8 said:

Greg

Mike, 1Fast400 has it on his truck if the rumor is true. Still waiting for the bastard ;) to post some pictures of it. I'm tired of spanking the monkey to a picture of a Paxton.:eek: ;) :p :D

I would also like to see what a ROE can do on an SRT-10. I plan installing a ROE S/C on the viper this coming spring with 10lb pulley, meth, etc. Shooting for 650ish RWHP. :rock:

Silverback said:
Mike, 1Fast400 has it on his truck if the rumor is true. Still waiting for the bastard ;) to post some pictures of it. I'm tired of spanking the monkey to a picture of a Paxton.:eek: ;) :p :D

I've seen Mike's install it look great...I'm not sure the Roe normal twin screw will be the same, but they are close...saw lots of the compressors on a rack, lots of air boxes, and the intake material...I live about 45 minutes away and have promised my first born for an install (of course I am too old to have sex let alone kids).

The Roe Top Mount Twin Screw is very close...and to quote one of our very favorite people...BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID! When Sean finishes it will perform, and be reliable, and have tuners trained to his standards.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back