which one to buy?

rickb-x-svt

Reaction score
As most of you know I lost my truck last month when my son tried to drive it around the block and a tree jumped in the way. :mad:

As much as I loved my truck, for numerous reasons I've decided to replace it with either a Magnum SRT or Charger SRT.

I'm leaning towards the Magnum due to the fact that I go biking a few times a month and I could just toss my bike in the back and off I go.

Has anyone here owned either one?
Any general thoughts regarding either one?

Well if I had to pick between the two I would go with the Charger. Why not a Jeep Grand CHerokee SRT8?

my neighbor has a srt 8 charger and said he has not been beat yet and sayed he did 180 mph going through atlanta. with no mods

dont know if it is true though

i thought so, it also sounded funny because he said he was going through atlanta around a long swooping curve, traffic in atlanta is real bad all the time

stick said:
i thought so, it also sounded funny because he said he was going through atlanta around a long swooping curve, traffic in atlanta is real bad all the time

Yeah, he is full of it dude. They shut down before 150. :rolleyes:

My Uncle has had a Magnum (Hemi) for about 2 years now. He loves it. :dontknow:

I talked with the owner of the local dealership here. He has all type of cars (vipers, etc). He was in his SRT-8 and said it is THE best car he has ever owned. I say go with the charger. I like the look much better then the mag. But before I would get either one of those I would go with the GC SRT-8.

Smoke

I have a SRT8 Magnum and love it. It handles great, has a unique look and I like having the ability of extra storage room.

Magnum! They are the ultimate sleeper and has room for storage and taking trips.

Put it on the back burner and get a new SRT-8 Challenger

SRT8 challengers won't be out for awhile

1Fast400 said:
SRT8 challengers won't be out for awhile

I know,

hmmmm

If he's not in a hurry for a new ride, could be fun......

But

If he must buy now, I would go for the SRT-8 Jeep

I know, only two choices were given, so in that case, go for the magnum

I think any of the SRT-8 series are a win/win. The Magnum and the GC would probably be on the rarest of them all.

174 mph is the top speed of the car based vehicles.

Will

Go with the Magnum wagon. Sorry, but as much as I want a Charger, they ain't sposed to have 4 doors :mad:

Or, wait for the Challenger :D :rock:

You might want to drive a magnum. I didn't care for the road noise of the wagon. I've driven anything and everything under 50K and nothing has as much personality and usefulness as Ram SRT. There's no crime in having passion in your vehicle and those other vehicles won't do that. There is a reason why your son took your truck for a ride, he wanted to drive the baddest truck in the world. It's the feeling I get every time I push that red button.

I had an 05 Magnum RT and I loved it! I had some long tube headers, high flow cats and a catback. I loved how it drove and felt. I got rid of it to get the truck cause I always wanted one! I got the magnum before the SRT-8's came out, I didn't want to wait. I love the look of them and they are diffinitly head turners!

Why don't you consider the Grand Cherokee SRT-8. It would lug your bike around ok. I'll be in the market for one probably this fall. I've been doing a lot of research on them and you see very little negative feedback. If you've ever driven one it's like WOW. A Charger or Magnum will spin off the line. The GC will just plant you in your seat. I think it's a better sleeper than the Magnum. I believe the GC is faster in the 1/4 mile as well. It woild definately beat our trucks.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back