WHICH ONE?

jtsdad13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with another new addition to the family on the way it's time to get another vehicle for the wife. we are looking at full sized suv's. Options so far are infiniti qx56, nissan armada, and land rover lr3. we have looked at escalades, tahoes, yukons and aren't real fond of the interiors. so what would you guys buy and why. and i have already tried for another srt 10 qc or srt 8 gc and got vetoed.:(

jtsdad13 said:
with another new addition to the family on the way it's time to get another vehicle for the wife. we are looking at full sized suv's. Options so far are infiniti qx56, nissan armada, and land rover lr3. we have looked at escalades, tahoes, yukons and aren't real fond of the interiors. so what would you guys buy and why. and i have already tried for another srt 10 qc or srt 8 gc and got vetoed.:(
I would look real hard at the Infiniti. As good or better quality than the Nissan (same company actually) but it has more bells and whistles if your into that. Both QX56 and Armada should be rock solid. I'm just about over my "Buy American" kick so I have looked at the imports and would consider the Infiniti.

Just don't know about quality of the Land Rover. May be Ok for the short time but long term duration might be iffy. At least that's their history. They are nice looking vehicles though. Are they still straight axled?

if your gonna pay that kind of money get the mercedes version i forgot the model but handling and power are very good in it:burnout: :burnout:

Have you thought about another QC (non SRT) Ken?...I drove 2 of the 2009s that Alley's has and they are the best trucks I have ever driven...in a daily driver way;) ...my wife is wanting to trade the Durango for one.....

My sis in law has a black Nissan Armada. Very comfortable. She has two kids and loves it. We have an Escalade. Rides so damn good!! I love it. My 2 cents.

DevilDawg3097 said:
if your gonna pay that kind of money get the mercedes version i forgot the model but handling and power are very good in it:burnout: :burnout:
If your talking about the M class I sat in one and wasn't very impressed with it for a Mercedes. I think is was a ML320. Don't know if the 350 or 550 would look any better. The ML63AMG should be impressive.

SilvrSRT10 said:
If your talking about the M class I sat in one and wasn't very impressed with it for a Mercedes. I think is was a ML320. Don't know if the 350 or 550 would look any better. The ML63AMG should be impressive.
it was 350 i think but the had custom everything, i dont care much about interior as much as performance and that thing moved and handle very well,
me personally would buy a new durango, good in kind ugly out but is a real suv i wouldnt have belive it if i didnt see it but they can plow through mud and waist high boggs with only about 2k in mods do that with any of the other 3 dont think so. but thats just me:marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Got rid of the QX56 for the SRT-8 Jeep, and wish I still had the Infiniti.

Now, with that said, I would wait until the 2010 comes out. It's supposed to be a completely new vehicle and they are also pulling the manufacturing back to Japan due to quality issues.

We did not have any problems with ours, but I had read in some of the forums about some issues. Mostly they were related to brakes.

I was going to trade the Jeep for a FX50S, but I'm going to wait and see what the 2010 QX is like before I do it.

i think i'd be a great car salesman...but i don't know why...

the first thing that jumps out...the lr3 isn't a full size suv(i don't think)...so that also allows me to include all mid sized in this list...which i have personnally driven all but the audi...we've owned jeep gc's for years...but i thought i might "expand" my options lately...

drove the lr3....kinda got that "so/so" feeling...and a bit pricey
drove both the armada and infiniti...after driving the armada...i couldn't justify the price difference in the infiniti...(and i'm all about status quo)
did like the "little brother" of the qx...the fx, i think...really enjoyed that one...actually handled really well...fun to "toss" around....

some other ideas...

audi q7? i believe(no experience other than reading about it)
vw toureg...really liked this one...drove it on and off for a few months...(some friends went out of town and we watched their kids...they told us use whatever...so i used their gas)
porsche cayenne...smoothest highway cruiser i have EVER driven...just a year old, and a great price...but wasn't sure about the longeviety/inevitable repair bills....

just some ideas...gimme a few more details(towing capacities/kids/etc.), and i could probably find out some more shit....

we have looked around ALOT. i do not buy new cars, typically 1-2 yr old with very low miles. we both like the infiniti best, but finding the right one is proving to be hard. apparently infiniti's are like bmw's people buy and drive them alot. i have a good friend who turned us on to the lr3. they are super nice, but probably to many bells and whistles for us. and we definitely dont need all the high tech off road stuff, but right now they are about 3 grand cheaper and that plays a small role. but from what i have read their reliability is suspect and the nearest dealer is like 100 miles away. i beleive i could get an infiniti serviced at nissan?

No one mentioned the SRT 8 Magnum, thats a nice grocery gettin shaggin wagon.

Fahrenheit said:
No one mentioned the SRT 8 Magnum, thats a nice grocery gettin shaggin wagon.

already tried that one too. she wants a bigger vehicle, says it makes her feel safer. but i am still lobbying for an srt 8 gc. its got nav, dvd, all wheel drive for her and horsepower for me.

jtsdad13 said:
already tried that one too. she wants a bigger vehicle, says it makes her feel safer. but i am still lobbying for an srt 8 gc. its got nav, dvd, all wheel drive for her and horsepower for me.

Sounds good and save some $$$$$$

I have to say, our Denali was one of the nicest vehicles I've ever driven. Plenty of room for 6 or 7 (only the third row was a bench) plus room in the back for your stuff. Rode great, and had all the bells and whistles. If I could get a new vehicle right at the top of the list would be the Denali Hybrid.

You get to see quite a bit of SUVs out here in AZ. basically everyone has one. that being said.
nissan interior is perhaps the ugliest thing i have ever seen.
I would say a tahoe or yukon are the way to go.
my wife has an 04 denali...we love it. 70k miles...only thing we have done is new tires and new battery. tires went 58k miles. still on original brakes!
GM SUVs are the only way i would go. ford, dodge, nissan and toyota just dont look good or feel comfortable to me. FWIW...good luck with the search

wife drives an 02 tahoe LT it has 236k miles on it, i change oil and brakes... oh and one thremostat

I like my 04 Durango and would look at a Aspen like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrysler-Aspen-2008-Black-with-Tan-Chrysler-ASPEN-Nav-Roof-DVD-HEMI_W0QQitemZ330296983044QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item330296983044&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A3|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back