Which Tune?

BLKSRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I havent posted on here for awhile, but Ive been trying to do some homework so Ive spent alot of time on here reading...

Anyway, I am going to buy a programmer/tuner and I was curious to know who has the best tune for an 05 QC. I have a K&N CAI, and magnaflow catback right now. Very, very soon I am going to be buying JMB catless mids and possibly a BBK? throttle body.
I have read alot about the SCT programmers, but Im not sure who has the best tune, ROE, B&G etc...
B&G has the biggest (claimed) HP gains but i know those numbers are usually slightly overzealous lol :dontknow: ....

SO, in your opinion, who has the best tune for my truck with my current and upcoming mods??

Im sorry if this is a topic that has been covered before, I did a search but couldnt find anything specific. If there is another thread that covers this and i missed it im sorry for wasting your time!

Torrie at Unleashed...he wrote the Viper program for SCT if I'm not mistaken. Go through Stinker and get a little knocked off. You get the tuner (SCT) and 3 tunes for about 500 bucks and they will take into account your mods. Do a search for Torrie or Unleashed for contact info or PM Stinker. I just got mine a few weeks ago and I couldn't be happier with the tune and the killer service. You didn't say if you have a RC or QC. I understand it doesn't do THAT much for a RC but it really woke up my QC like everyone said. There are lots of opinions on here about who to go with and they are all good. Good luck on your choice.

[email protected]

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I have seen a lot of posts on here about torrie and unleashed but I was never sure what the connection was!
My truck is a QC so I'm hoping this tune and the other mods that I have planned wake it up a little.

Torri at Unleashed Tuning is an excellent guy to deal with and quick service too,he has done my base tune and will continue to do the rest of my tunes also.

Lol I have read enough to know that its probably in my best interest to stay away from KRC...
It seems like the general concensus is to go thru stinker and get the SCT by torrie at unleashed. So that's what I'm gonna do!
Thanks for all the input!

Ok I know this has nothing to do with the rest of this post, but I have been trying to figure out a way to paint my door handles glossy black to match my truck. I have taken them to 3 body shops and everyone tells me I can't paint those textured black handles. I have tried to sand them and paint them, but I can't get them to turn out how I'd like them to (keep getting orange peel and bubbles...). I know a lot of guys on this forum have painted door handles so what's the secret? Lol

Torrie fixed it !!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back