Which Viper Motor?

SRTHOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I've started my search for a 10, I keep getting drawn away to old iron. I'm looking at picking up like a 53 Dodge job Rated pickup or some other old Dodgem as was wondering which direction you guys would look for a donor motor. The Ram srt10 or viper motor and why, it will be more of a grand touring rat rod :D:burnout:

One from a car. It would have been pushing around less weight during its life. That would be the only difference unless from a quad cab.

As long as your talking about an 8.3l.

Just buy my truck already and get it over with.

99 or earlier gen 2 ,fully forged from factory .They are rated at 50 hp less than a gen 3 but just a little loving on it can get you up there easy .

Logically I would go with a Gen 2. Forged internals an not much work at all to get it up to 500. I would use any 8.3L no matter car or truck but that's because I love everything about the 8.3L. What year Dodge are you thinking?

None of the above, use a turbo LS motor. It'll be more power for less money and fit easier into a tight engine compartment

None of the above, use a turbo LS motor. It'll be more power for less money and fit easier into a tight engine compartment

If I get a Chevy I would, but if I get a dodge it will be a blown hemi like a gen 1 from 56 or the viper motor

8.4l out of an '08 car, in working on my 08' conversion finally.

I'd get the Gen 2 then keep an eye out for the Roe Racing twin screw SC to go with it.
There is also a company that will build you a sheet metal intake for 4 quads on stacks.

I'm looking for about the same thing for my 32 Dodge.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back