Which wire??

jimmyg79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which one of you gurus could point me in the right direction? I need to tie my arming switch into a hot 12 VDC wire that is controlled by the ignition switch. Looking under the steering column, there is about a million wires to chose from, so which wires can I tap this SOB into?

breederofkoi said:
just do us all a favor, don't use a wire-tap (scotch-lock). Those are the most worthless creation known to man.. Those things are a magnet for corrosion.
Whats the best way to do it?

it is the pink wire down behind the clutch, if clutchless in the lower left hand area of the floor board.

Posi-tap is an option too...

NASCAR and Mil-spec rated/approved, so they can't be that bad...

Wal-Mart sells them in the auto electronics isle. If you're not the soldering type, or if it's an area that's impossible to get your soldering iron, etc., into, they're perfect, and they're not a permanent install if you don't need it to be, just a pin size hole in the wire so if you need to remove it just wrap with electrical tape.

I use these extensively in automotive/motorcycle applications and they're light years ahead of "similar" products.

Hope this helps...

breederofkoi said:
just do us all a favor, don't use a wire-tap (scotch-lock). Those are the most worthless creation known to man.. Those things are a magnet for corrosion.

Unless you are STEALING a motorcycle.... :D

........ Don't ask me how I know that. :eek: :confused: :eek: :burnout:

perk_1405 said:
it is the pink wire down behind the clutch, if clutchless in the lower left hand area of the floor board.

Now is it the pink wire, or the pink with yellow striped wire? The Pink with the yellow striped wire is thicker than the others.

I'm pretty sure it's the Pink/Yellow. Do you have a test light? They are cheap insurance to make sure your getting the right wire. AutoZone or Advance etc, etc. should have them and they're easy to use. Go to the Raptor site posted above and look at the second row of pictures. That will show you the location of the wire.

I love this website. I needed switched power, and a quick search later I have the answer. A quick test with my test light and I have switched power on the pink wire with a yellow stripe. Now back to work I go.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back