who can tune our trucks

finisher68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to where they are doing the paxton install that i purchased from ram from hell,its not going to well,they got evrything i think now,just trying to figure out where to put things,i dont have a lot of knowlege on these things,they the ecu for the paxton, today they tell me they do not have anyone to tune the truck after install, they have mostly fords there,shelby cobras,,his tuner wont touch dodge,,,i know you guys know about this stuff,
please educate me some,,:confused:

If your interested in nixing the Paxton fuel setup email Torrie at UnleashedPerfomance.com. I was impressed so far with him. haven't gotten my tunes yet, but he is in contact with me and am working on getting my paxton tuned.

i say take the whole truck somewhere else, they knew it would need a tune when you dropped it off and they knew they couldn't do it. they should have told you up front instead of wasting your time and money with them and then having to go spend even more having someone else tune it, Just my .02

mr. anderson said:
If your interested in nixing the Paxton fuel setup email Torrie at UnleashedPerfomance.com. I was impressed so far with him. haven't gotten my tunes yet, but he is in contact with me and am working on getting my paxton tuned.

...:dito:

i agree

those were my same thoughts,
ARRESTmeRed04 said:
i say take the whole truck somewhere else, they knew it would need a tune when you dropped it off and they knew they couldn't do it. they should have told you up front instead of wasting your time and money with them and then having to go spend even more having someone else tune it, Just my .02

Do not drive it until it is tuned!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't allow them to put it on the dyno either!!!!!!

good lord, drive the truck. the stock tune in Paxton's Split Second FMU is set to PIG RICH, you will not blow up your truck with detonation. I would worry more about washing the cylinders down with fuel at WOT. but if you are not getting on it ,ie 3/4 to WOT, the truck is very drivable. take it to someone that can tune it. until then, drive it, just don't flog it if your worried. the only time the Split second FMU takes part is 1 lb of vacuum to full boost.

do you trust the installers with their install are they proficient with installing electronics/ wiring?

do you have a wideband, fuel pressure guage, and a vacuum boost gauge installed?

Last edited:
do not

thanks for the info,i will take to these guys in lewisvill, thier site says they have viper techs, im sure they get it right,
mr. anderson said:
good lord, drive the truck. the stock tune in Paxton's Split Second FMU is set to PIG RICH, you will not blow up your truck with detonation. I would worry more about washing the cylinders down with fuel at WOT. but if you are not getting on it ,ie 3/4 to WOT, the truck is very drivable. take it to someone that can tune it. until then, drive it, just don't flog it if your worried. the only time the Split second FMU takes part is 1 lb of vacuum to full boost.

do you have a wideband, fuel pressure guage, and a vacuum boost gauge installed?

wait a minute. did they finish the install? also did ram from hell modify the split second FMU, these are questions you have to ask him.

like I said do you trust the installers with the install? also do they have the install instructions. it is on the paxton website but some of the instructions are vague and incorrect on certain parts. but if the techs call paxton they should be very helpful. they were for me when I had questions.

FMU

I THINK THATS ONE OF THE THINGS NOT INCLUDRD, THEY GOT THAT,INJECTORS,ECU, FROM PAXTON, THEY KNOW ABOUT S/C,BUT THIS IS THE FIRST SRT10,I TOLD THEM OF THIS SITE AND ALL THE GOOD INFO HERE,
mr. anderson said:
wait a minute. did they finish the install? also did ram from hell modify the split second FMU, these are questions you have to ask him.

like I said do you trust the installers with the install? also do they have the install instructions. it is on the paxton website but some of the instructions are vague and incorrect on certain parts. but if the techs call paxton they should be very helpful. they were for me when I had questions.

and please tell me they pinned the crank! if not order the kit from ROE racing. this is a MUST HAVE item.

On the Viper Club of America forums some DFW owners say they will only take their cars to Keith in Lewisville or Dallas Dodge, of course the stealership is the last option. I live in Plano as well and I haven't heard anything bad about Keith at musclehead, but I haven't heard anything dealing with trucks. Definitely get your truck away from wherever you have it at bro. Anyone who hasn't messed with these trucks I wouldn't even waiste a breath with them. Me personally I would go with ART, Roe, or DC since I trust a lot of guys on here and the results they have gotten. If I paid for a supercharger and forged internals it wouldn't even be a hard choice to drive/ship my truck to a RELIABLE ram SRT-10 shop period. Do what Quick said call DC and Roe and ART and find out what's your best option and if you can have the work done here by someone they recommend. I don't want to sound like an expert, because I'm far far from it, but it's hard to argue with the results of these shops and save your truck while you can Finisher!!! Good luck with your SC install and tune and hope to see you and the beast around Plano :rock: :rock:

YES SIR

YEP THEY GOT THE TOOL FROM ROE,THEY CAN DO THE INSTALL, JUST NOT THE FINAL TUNE,
mr. anderson said:
and please tell me they pinned the crank! if not order the kit from ROE racing. this is a MUST HAVE item.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back