WHO HAS JUST THE CENERFORCE CLUTCH?

avcts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WHO HAS JUST THE CENTERFORCE CLUTCH?

I ordered the centerforce setup. Just the clutch. The guys that are using it, can you tell me a few things?

1. Did it change peddle effort?
2. Did it change peddle position where the clutch grabs?
3. Did it make any noise? My OEM is totally quiet.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
avcts said:
I ordered the centerforce setup. Just the clutch. The guys that are using it, can you tell me a few things?

Thanks!!!
I'm probably steppin in deep dog crap, Because im still on my stock one 31,000 mi. But from what i have heard from the guy's on here, You need the hydralics also. I was checkin Patrick's ( Red 007 ) one day,And his peddal was easier to push down than mine. He has the CF. I'm sure someone will join in here as soon as they get there ass'es out of bed.:D :D Hope this helps till then.

J.R.

Here is my story. I went from stock to McLeod then to Centerforce. All using the same stock hydraulics. I mated the Centerforce with a Fidenza flywheel. Because I went from the McLeod to the CF I can't say for sure if it was the same as stock, but it was close. It did seem to return the pedal effort and position closer to stock than the McLeod did. It did not make any noise or chatter either. I wish I did the CF from the start :eek:

avcts said:

Thanks!!!

1.Pedal feels a little bit easier with the centerforce.

2.Position? I cant remember.

3.Mine has made a little chatter sometimes when pulling into the garage.....I have to do this real slow cause the garage is really tight. So tight, I fold in my drivers mirror to fit. Normal driving, no noise at all.

4. Yes for some reason, most times shifting into second it does chirp the rear tires????:dontknow: Much more than the stocker! I have learned to live with it.:D

patrick

Pedal will be easier then stock, due to the center-counter weights.

As for the hydraulics, it is almost a must..the added force required by the centerforce pressure-plate fingers is too much for the plastic hydraulic (housing) slave cylinder...especially when you throw heat in the mixture.

As for noise...not sure what you mean??? Noise like chattering?? noise in the shifter??

Either way, Please feel free to read the review on the Centerforce clutch in the Review section of the forum.

Thanks

Patrick

Can anyone tell me where to get a clutch alignment tool and the 6638A tool to remove the clutch line from the slave?

Centerforce doesnt come with the alignment tool. I went to NAPA and they dont even have a listing for the 8.3L. Weird...:dontknow:

you can order the alignment tool online (matco / snap-on) or get a universal alignment tool from harbor junk / etc...

As for a tool to remove the hydraulic line from the slave, you don't need one. You press the round clip inward toward the transmission while pulling back and it will disconnect.

-Red

The dealer had my motor out of the truck for crank bolts and on seeing the wear on my clutch, I had a Centriforce clutch/pressure plate installed. I had the stock flywheel ground and used it with the new clutch/pressure plate.
I didn't notice any difference in the clutch pedal and no change in sounds. I was careful in breaking it in and haven't had any problems yet. I changed out the throw out bearing at the same time.

456 said:
The dealer had my motor out of the truck for crank bolts and on seeing the wear on my clutch, I had a Centriforce clutch/pressure plate installed. I had the stock flywheel ground and used it with the new clutch/pressure plate.
I didn't notice any difference in the clutch pedal and no change in sounds. I was careful in breaking it in and haven't had any problems yet. I changed out the throw out bearing at the same time.
Welcome :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back