Who has the lowest static dropped 10?

I love photoshop

Dodge_Ram_SRT_by_rcracer.jpg

Hey Kyle, did you still bottom out with the notch? Did the stock shocks work well? Any tire rub on the rear fender lips? I'm assuming there was wheel hop/axle wrap issues after removing a leaf? How was the front dropped?

Truck didn't bottom out at all after the C notch. Shocks still worked fine the ride was great too. Only spot it rubbed was on the inner fender plastic liner. Truck had Cal-tracs so problems with axle wrap. The front had x-metal springs that I trimmed just a touch.

no just added another spring and added bump stops. so she just rides like a stiff sports car and has never touched the bump stop. i love it i have zero body roll

no just added another spring and added bump stops. so she just rides like a stiff sports car and has never touched the bump stop. i love it i have zero body roll

I like the sound of this. Can you give a rundown of your setup? How is the front lowered, what springs did you add, which bump stops,etc? Any rubbing on the fender lips?

the front does not rub due to regular bump stops that you can buy at your local autozone....on the rear its 5 inch blocks had to flip the springs installed bump stop blocks that came with the kit and removed one of the lower rated springs on each side then installed a thicker more weight rated one off a wrecked srt10 i found to get parts off of outta junk yard. my coils and shocks are mcgaughys but i dont think they sale the 3-5 anymore think they sale the 4-6 which will not work oh and i also had to have the exhaust reworked for clearance....took forever to get right and ended up with almost 2k in by the time i got it right with no issues. would i do it again???????? HELLS YEA!

On the front, are you talking about the black Energy Suspension bump stops that have ridges on them so you can trim them down?
So 3inch spring and 5 inch blocks?
Are you still running the stock driveshaft? Any pinion angle issues? Those are 305/40-22's right?

On the front, are you talking about the black Energy Suspension bump stops that have ridges on them so you can trim them down?
So 3inch spring and 5 inch blocks?
Are you still running the stock driveshaft? Any pinion angle issues? Those are 305/40-22's right?

yes thats the ones

Tony at JTSVP says anyrhing more than a 3" drop on the rear requires shortening the driveshaft.

oh lol i forgot about to put that in haha had that done also...like i said pain in the ass

oh lol i forgot about to put that in haha had that done also...like i said pain in the ass

Raymondwebb: where do you get your drive shaft shortened and how much had to be removed?

Also is anyone running the DJM 2" or 3" lower control arms?

Raymondwebb: where do you get your drive shaft shortened and how much had to be removed?

Also is anyone running the DJM 2" or 3" lower control arms?

I think arrestmered04 is running those control arms, maybe he will chime in.

I think arrestmered04 is running those control arms, maybe he will chime in.
You rang? Yeah I have 2" djm's, need to get some taller bump stops though because my wheel well liners are ruined from it bottoming out....of coarse if I changed the 9year old shocks that might help too.... I have 1.75" blocks in the rear so it has a goofy looking rake to it instead of being level but I've been to lazy to pull the blocks to see what size locating pin we have so I can order some 3" angled blocks.....

You rang? Yeah I have 2" djm's, need to get some taller bump stops though because my wheel well liners are ruined from it bottoming out....of coarse if I changed the 9year old shocks that might help too.... I have 1.75" blocks in the rear so it has a goofy looking rake to it instead of being level but I've been to lazy to pull the blocks to see what size locating pin we have so I can order some 3" angled blocks.....

Are you still running the factory size tires?
What springs are you running?
Any problems with alignments?
Any pics of the fender gap up front?

the front does not rub due to regular bump stops that you can buy at your local autozone....on the rear its 5 inch blocks had to flip the springs installed bump stop blocks that came with the kit and removed one of the lower rated springs on each side then installed a thicker more weight rated one off a wrecked srt10 i found to get parts off of outta junk yard. my coils and shocks are mcgaughys but i dont think they sale the 3-5 anymore think they sale the 4-6 which will not work oh and i also had to have the exhaust reworked for clearance....took forever to get right and ended up with almost 2k in by the time i got it right with no issues. would i do it again???????? HELLS YEA!

So did you flip the whole leaf spring set up so the axle was below the leaf springs?

So you ran 5" blocks with no C notch?

So talk to me about cutting the drive shaft- how much needs to be cut off to correct the pinion angle?

I am currently trying to run Djm 2" control arms and Jtsvp 1" spring but its not going to work as my tire is so close to battery box. There is no way to run a 5" block in back back with out c-notching the frame. I am running 3.5" block and I could stand on back of my truck bunch and make it hit frame. On the front with this set up tires are practically touching my fenders

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back