Who knows Jeeps?

wesalbert

2015 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a guy that wants to trade a Jeep (sorta) for my boat. I am all for it, but is there anything I should look out for? Supposedly its done right. I'm gonna go take a look.
What I know about it:
It is a wrangler body on a one ton chevy frame.
383 stroker
has like a 22 inch lift
44's on it right now. New 52's come with

Pics below.

Attachments

• 3k13oe3l85Y65V55U3b6fd102153b20221855.jpg
    3k13oe3l85Y65V55U3b6fd102153b20221855.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 385
  • 3kb3pb3l15Q45W55U6b6fe59e1c710b9f1cce.jpg
    3kb3pb3l15Q45W55U6b6fe59e1c710b9f1cce.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 184
  • 3m33ob3pa5W05U35R0b6f191c83822b071dda.jpg
    3m33ob3pa5W05U35R0b6f191c83822b071dda.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 381
  • 3n63pd3l15V45W35X3b6f55d054544d5715fa.jpg
    3n63pd3l15V45W35X3b6f55d054544d5715fa.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 193
I would take it on an extended test drive. Some of the morphodites are nearly impossible to drive.

Just drove it. Motor and tranny seem strong. The tires on it are bouncy.. Lol. It needs a paint job and some tlc, but it's clean with no rust

I now know what you mean Jack. Let me start by saying, its HUGE. Getting in and out of it is fun. Working on the engine will be a PIA.
As far as driving it, it seems solid. Not like alot of play in the steering or anything. You punch it, it moves. Brakes aren't great, but stops no problem. Thats alot of weight to stop in tires.
Looking at the wiring, its not bad. Not like a rats nest or a bunch of splices. The stereo install is a mess, but I can clean that up quick. All lights and turn signals work.
It will take some getting use to driving it. Being up that high you really can't see around you that well, and what you see in the front is well ahead of you.

I now know what you mean Jack. Let me start by saying, its HUGE. Getting in and out of it is fun. Working on the engine will be a PIA.
As far as driving it, it seems solid. Not like alot of play in the steering or anything. You punch it, it moves. Brakes aren't great, but stops no problem. Thats alot of weight to stop in tires.
Looking at the wiring, its not bad. Not like a rats nest or a bunch of splices. The stereo install is a mess, but I can clean that up quick. All lights and turn signals work.
It will take some getting use to driving it. Being up that high you really can't see around you that well, and what you see in the front is well ahead of you.
:eek: just keep the rubber side down and you'll do fine. If it doesn't have a roll bar, I would suggest one, had a personal friend roll their jeep in the sand dunes and his wife was buried in the sand and died :( They had a roll bar, but the top was off it just sunk .... My dad flipped his jeep on the freeway when I was a kid and thank goodness he had a roll bar, he and my mom had little to no injuries :dontknow: So if you get the jeep, get a roll bar :rock:

It has the stock roll bar. Not sure what good that would do from that height. :dontknow: I wouldn't think much.

It has the stock roll bar. Not sure what good that would do from that height. :dontknow: I wouldn't think much.

Well it'll make me feel better anyway :D:p Just stick with keepin the rubber side down and you'll do fine :rock:

trade for the boat wes, you cant go wrong with a jeep. youll make out like a cat.

1987 Lake and bay 20ft with a mid 90's 225 mariner.

Attachments

• 2bec5f42.jpg
    2bec5f42.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 1633d30e.jpg
    1633d30e.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 32
After thinking on all night on it and this morning, i'm going to pass on the Jeep. The guy then came back with a cash offer for the boat that I might take.
I am going to do the responsible thing and sell it for cash and pay some credit cards off.
I don't need another project. :D

Last edited:
you're a damn fool...trade...and sell the jeep for more than the boat!

I'll sell you the boat, that you can trade for the jeep, so you can sell the jeep for more money than the boat. :D

After thinking on all night on it and this morning, i'm going to pass on the Jeep. The guy then came back with a cash offer for the boat that I might take.
I am going to do the responsible thing and sell it for cash and pay some credit cards off.
I don't need another project. :D

Personally, I think you made the right choice. I didn't look at the pics you posted but I can almost guarantee axle, drive line and steering issues would have arisen. A Jeep with a lift to run 44's or 52's (OMG!) is quite a challenge to set up right for any conditions, street, off road, etc. What were you going to do with it if you went thru with the deal? I'm not sure what FL's lift laws are but here in VA, you take that thing on the streets with that kinda lift and tires, I can guarantee runs ins with the law man.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back